Nepal Women’s team beat Malaysia in a thrilling final to claim 3-2 Series Win

In a thrilling decider, Nepal’s women’s cricket team emerged victorious against the host nation, Malaysia, clinching the five-match Twenty20 International bilateral series by three wickets, with a final score of 3-2.

Nepal Women's team beat Malaysia in a thrilling final to claim 3-2 Series Win. PC: CricketNep / Twitter
Nepal Women’s team beat Malaysia in a thrilling final to claim 3-2 Series Win. PC: CricketNep / Twitter

Nepal displayed their exceptional batting skills by successfully chasing down the target of 110 runs set by the hosts. Although they lost seven wickets along the way, Nepal reached the required total in 19.2 overs.

Leading the charge for Nepal was Sita Rana Magar, who displayed exceptional form and contributed the highest score of 34 runs. Magar’s innings included six powerful fours, showcasing her skill and determination. The team’s skipper, Rubina Chhetry, also played a crucial role in the run chase, making 23 runs, including three fours. Malaysia’s Ainna Hamizah Hashim proved to be a formidable opponent by taking two wickets during Nepal’s pursuit of the target.

In the first innings, Malaysia batted first and managed to set a competitive score of 109 runs on the board, losing five wickets in the stipulated 20 overs. Wan Julia demonstrated her batting prowess by scoring an impressive 47 runs off 60 balls, while Winifred Duraisingam made a valuable contribution of 24 runs. Nepal’s Kabita Joshi showcased her bowling skills by taking two crucial wickets during Malaysia’s innings, impressively conceding just 12 runs in her four overs.

This final match of the bilateral series held significant importance as it determined the ultimate winner. Nepal’s women’s cricket team faced a setback in their previous game, suffering a four-wicket defeat against Malaysia. However, they bounced back with determination and resilience in the decider, securing a remarkable victory.

Also Read:  Match 6: India v Malaysia Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

This encounter highlights the thrilling nature of the game and emphasizes the professionalism and skill exhibited by both teams. It showcases Nepal’s ability to bounce back from defeat and seize victory when it mattered the most. The series served as a testament to the competitiveness and spirit of women’s cricket, leaving the fans captivated and entertained throughout.

Sports have always been a huge part of my life, and having played cricket professionally for my state team, I gained a deeper understanding of what it takes to succeed in the world of sports. With an eye for detail and passion for sports, I’m hoping to make a lasting impact in the sports industry.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here