France and Italy secure a spot in the Europe Regional Qualifier in Spain

The Italy and France women’s cricket teams have set the stage ablaze in the ICC Europe Qualifiers, securing their spots in Round 1 with commanding performances. Both teams displayed a formidable combination of skill, determination, and team unity, emerging victorious against their respective opponents.

France National Women's Cricket Team. PC: Twitter
France National Women’s Cricket Team. PC: Twitter

Italy showcased their batting prowess against Germany and Turkey, while France left a lasting impression with their dominant displays against Sweden and Turkey. As they progress to Round 1, Italy and France have firmly established themselves as strong contenders in the tournament, poised to leave a lasting impact on the international stage.

In their opening encounter, France batted first and set a challenging target of 150 runs. Ines Mckeon emerged as the star performer, smashing an impressive 94 runs off just 65 deliveries, including 12 boundaries and three sixes. With a staggering strike rate of 144.61, Mckeon played a pivotal role in propelling France to a formidable total. Sweden, in response, faltered under pressure and managed only 101 runs. Anika Bester shone with the ball, scalping two wickets for a mere 16 runs in her spell of 4 overs, guiding her team to a resounding victory.

Continuing their winning momentum, France locked horns with Turkey in a one-sided affair. Opting to bat first, the French batting lineup delivered yet another impressive performance. Poppy McGeown led the charge with a well-crafted 58 runs off 48 deliveries, featuring six fours, showcasing her class and composure at the crease. Amy Seddon provided the much-needed impetus with a quickfire 47 off just 25 balls, including seven boundaries. Turkey’s Ezgi Nur Killic was the standout bowler, picking up three wickets for 35 runs in her quota of 4 overs.

Also Read:  Germany Women clean sweep France women by 5-0 in the T20I series

Italy Women's Cricket Team. PC: Twitter
Italy Women’s Cricket Team. PC: Twitter

Coming to the squad of Italy, in a thrilling encounter, Italy chased down Germany’s challenging total with seven wickets in hand. Germany set a formidable target of 143 runs, courtesy of CM Gough’s impressive knock of 87 runs off just 60 deliveries, including nine fours and four sixes. However, R Suddahazai from Italy stood out with her exceptional bowling performance, claiming two wickets for 22 runs in her allotted four overs. Italy’s batting unit then rose to the occasion, with D Nanayakkara leading the charge, contributing 36 runs off 30 balls, featuring five boundaries. Italy sealed the victory in the final over, marking their passage to Round 1 of the ICC Europe Qualifiers.

Continuing their winning streak, Italy delivered a dominant performance against Turkey, clinching a convincing 88-run victory. Batting first, Italy’s opening pair, M Rathnayake, and S Withanage, set the tone with impressive knocks. Rathnayake scored a well-crafted 51 off 41 deliveries, punctuated by eight boundaries, while Withanage powered her way to 58 runs off 50 balls, smashing ten fours. Italy posted a challenging total of 163 runs. In response, Turkey faltered under pressure, managing only 75 runs. R Suddahazai continued her exceptional form, taking three wickets for a mere eight runs in her four overs, while D Nanayakkara provided valuable support, picking up two wickets for 21 runs. Italy’s comprehensive victory secured their place in Round 1 of the ICC Europe Qualifiers.

As the dust settles on the preliminary rounds of the ICC Europe Qualifiers, the Italy and France women’s cricket teams have emerged as the standout performers, securing their places in Round 1 with resounding victories. With their eyes firmly set on the ultimate prize, Italy and France now shift their focus to Round 1, where they aim to build on their momentum and make a lasting impact on the ICC Europe Qualifiers.

Sports have always been a huge part of my life, and having played cricket professionally for my state team, I gained a deeper understanding of what it takes to succeed in the world of sports. With an eye for detail and passion for sports, I’m hoping to make a lasting impact in the sports industry.

Also Read:  Germany women will host France for a five match T20I series in July
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here