1st T20I: Namibia v Netherlands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The first T20I between Namibia and Netherlands was scheduled to be played on June 27. However, the match was abandoned without a ball being bowled, due to rain. Cricket Netherlands, on Wednesday, announced that the first T20I will be rescheduled to Thursday, June 30. The match will be played at the Sportpark Westvilet, The Hague, Netherlands from 2.30 PM IST.

1st T20I: Namibia v Netherlands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The second and third T20I between the two teams were played on June 28. The series is leveled at 1-1. While Namibia won the second T20I by three wickets, Netherlands won the third T20I by 70 runs.

In the third T20I, Netherlands, batting first posted 99/7 in 20 overs and in reply, Namibia were bowled out cheaply for 29 in 11 overs, losing the match by 70 runs. Netherlands’ captain Heather Siegers starred with the bat as she muscled 41 runs off 40 balls while for Namibia Adri van der Merwe top scored with 14 runs off 19 balls. With the ball, Netherlands’ Caroline de Lange wreaked havoc with the ball picking up 6/4 in three overs and for Namibia it was Sune Wittman who was the most successful claiming 19/3 in four overs.

Head-to-Head

Namibia and Netherlands have played just three T20Is against each other, out of which Namibia have won and Netherlands have won two.

Squads

Namibia: Adri van der Merwe, Dietlind Foerster, Edelle Van Zyl, Jurriene Diergaardt, Sylvia Shihepo, Irene van Zyl (captain), Mekelanye Mwatile, Sune Wittman, Kayleen Green (WK), Yasmeen Khan (WK), Merczerly Gorases, Shiomwenyo Namusha, Victoria Hamunyela, Wilka Mwatile

Also Read:  Interview: Yasmeen Khan - Vice Captain of Namibia Women's Cricket Team

Netherlands: Juliet Post, Robine Rijke, Sterre Kalis, Heather Siegers, Iris Zwilling, Marloes Braat, Babette de Leede (WK), Jolien van Vliet (WK), Caroline de Lange, Eve Lynch, Frederique Overdijk, Gwendolyn Bloemen, Hannah Landheer, Isabel van der Woning, Silver Siegers

Players to watch

Sune Wittmann:

The right arm medium pace bowler from Namibia was the most successful in her last outing against Netherlands as she scalped 19/3 in four overs. She bowled as many as 13 dot balls in her spell. She was good with the new ball as well as in the middle phase of the innings.

Adri van der Merwe: 

The right-handed middle order batter from Namibia top scored with 14 runs off 19 balls, including one boundary in her last match against Netherlands. Out of the 29 runs scored by her team, she registered more than half of the runs and was the lone warrior in the fight.

Heather Siegers: 

The captain of Netherlands led from the front as she starred with the bat scoring 41 runs off 40 balls, including four boundaries and a six against Namibia in her last appearance. The right-handed middle-order batter came in to bat in the fifth over and was there in the middle till the 20th over. She held the innings together and guided her team to a decent total.

Caroline de Lange: 

The wily right-arm leg spinner from Netherlands was the wrecker-in-chief in her last match against Namibia. She scalped 6/4 in three overs, including one maiden. Out of the 18 balls that she bowled in her spell, she accounted for 14 dot balls. Her consistency with line and length was duly rewarded.

Also Read:  3rd T20I: Namibia v Netherlands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Pitch

This will be the first women’s T20I that will be played at this venue. Expect a fresh and hard wicket that will assist the batters. However, the cloudy conditions and strong chance of rain could work in the favour of bowlers.

Weather

The weather is expected to be not as warm with periods of rain. The temperature can go up to 22 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 97 percent chance of rain and 85 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the north-west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Didi Foerster, Adri van der Merwe, Robine Rijke, Sterre Kalis, Heather Siegers, Iris Zwilling, Kayleen Green, Sune Wittmann, Caroline de Lange, Silver Siegers, Wilka Mwatile

Match details

Date: June 30, 2022

Time: 2.30PM IST

Venue: Sportpark Westvilet, The Hague, Netherlands

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here