2nd T20I: Namibia v Germany | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The second T20I between Namibia and Germany will be played on July 3 at Bayer Uerdingen Cricket Ground in Krefeld, Germany. Namibia lead the three-match series 1-0.

In the first T20I, Namibia beat Germany by 10 wickets as they chased down 62 runs in just 5.1 overs. Batting first, Germany were reduced to 61/8 in 20 overs. Janet Ronalds top scored with 14 runs for the hosts while Sune Wittmann led the run chase with an unbeaten 41 for the visitors. With the ball, it was Victoria Hamunyela who struck with 11/3 for Namibia, while the bowlers from Germany went wicket-less.

Head to Head

Namibia and Germany have played one T20I against each other and Namibia have won that match.

Squads

Germany: Anuradha Doddaballapur (captain), Janet Ronalds, Karthika Vijayaraghavan (wicket-keeper), Peris Wadenpohl, Sharmaine Mannan, Milena Beresford, Suzanne Renee, Antonia Meyenborg, Asmita Kohli, Sabeena Noor, Stephanie Frohnmayer, Christina Gough, Sharaanya Sadarangani (wicket-keeper), Shravya Kolcharam

Namibia: Irene van Zyl (captain), Jurriene Diergaardt, Dietlind Foerster (wicket-keeper), Merczerly Gorases, Kayleen Green, Victoria Hamunyela, Yasmeen Khan (wicket-keeper), Mekelaye Mwatile, Wilka Mwatile, Sylvia Shihepo, Adri van der Merwe, Edelle van Zyl, Sune Wittmann

Players to watch

Sune Wittmann:

The Namibian all-rounder made useful contributions with both bat and ball in the first T20I against Germany. The right-handed batter opened the batting and muscled an undefeated 41 off 16 balls, including nine boundaries. With the ball, she claimed 6/1 in four overs, bowling right arm medium pace.

Victoria Hamunyela:

The right arm off spinner from Namibia was the most successful bowler in the first T20I against Germany. She scalped 11/3 in four overs. The wily off spinner controlled the middle overs and bowled well in that phase of the innings.

Also Read:  Final: Namibia vs Uganda | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Anuradha Doddaballapur:

The captain of Germany came in to bat at number three in the first T20I against Namibia. The right-handed batter mustered 11 runs off 22 balls before getting run out. She was there in the middle from the seventh over to the 15th over of the match.

Janet Ronalds:

The right-handed opening batter of Germany top scored with 14 runs off 24 balls, including two boundaries in the first T20I against Namibia. In the process, she stitched a 25-run partnership with her opening partner Christina Gough. This was the highest partnership in the match for Germany.

Pitch

The last match that was played here was a low-scoring contest as just over 120 runs were scored. Eight wickets fell in the process with fast bowlers and spinners being equally successful. The team batting second won the match chasing 62 runs. Though not too many runs were scored in the match, the wicket looked good for batting.

Weather

The weather is expected to see partial sunshine. The temperature can go up to 24 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 25 percent chance of rain and 34 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the west-northwest.

Fantasy playing XI

Yasmeen Khan, Adri van der Merwe, Janet Ronalds, Stephanie Frohnmayer, Anuradha Doddaballapur, Christina Gough, Kayleen Green, Sune Wittmann, Victoria Hamunyela, Sylvia Shihepo, Irene van Zyl

Match details

Date: July 3, 2022

Time: 2PM IST

Venue: Bayer Uerdingen Cricket Ground, Krefeld, Germany

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Match 11: Barmy Army vs Warriors | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here