1st T20I: Namibia v Germany | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The three-match T20I series between Namibia and Germany kick starts from July 2 at Krefeld in Germany. The first T20I will be played on July 2 and the second and third T20Is will be played on July 3. Bayer Uerdingen Cricket Ground will host all three matches.

Head to Head

This will be the first T20I between Namibia and Germany.

Squads

Germany: Anuradha Doddaballapur (captain), Janet Ronalds, Karthika Vijayaraghavan (wicket-keeper), Peris Wadenpohl, Sharmaine Mannan, Milena Beresford, Suzanne Renee, Antonia Meyenborg, Asmita Kohli, Sabeena Noor, Stephanie Frohnmayer, Christina Gough, Sharaanya Sadarangani (wicket-keeper), Shravya Kolcharam

Namibia: Irene van Zyl (captain), Jurriene Diergaardt, Dietlind Foerster (wicket-keeper), Merczerly Gorases, Kayleen Green, Victoria Hamunyela, Yasmeen Khan (wicket-keeper), Mekelaye Mwatile, Wilka Mwatile, Sylvia Shihepo, Adri van der Merwe, Edelle van Zyl, Sune Wittmann

Players to watch

Sune Wittmann: 

The Namibian all-rounder had a good outing in the recently concluded Netherlands series. The right-arm speedster claimed eight wickets in five matches, including one four-wicket haul. Overall she has played 41 T20Is, scored 518 runs and accounted for 31 wickets.

Wilka Mwatile: 

The right arm medium pace bowler picked up seven wickets, including one four wicket haul in her last series against Netherlands. She has played a total of 42 T20Is and bagged 33 wickets, including a five wicket haul too.

Anuradha Doddaballapur: 

The captain of Germany is a right handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler. She had played 20 T20Is. With the bat she has scored 236 runs and with the ball, she has claimed 19 wickets. She is one of the best all-rounders in the team.

Also Read:  2nd T20I: Namibia v Germany | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Christina Gough: 

She is one of the most experienced players in Germany. In her 30 T20Is, the left handed batter has muscled 723 runs, including three half centuries and one century. Apart from her batting she is more than a handy left arm seamer and has 21 wickets to her name.

Pitch

Five women’s T20Is have been played here so far. All the matches were played in 2021. Out of the five matches, the team batting first have won two and the team batting second have won three. The highest score on this ground is 132 and the lowest score is 55. Today’s match will be the first match of the series here. Expect a fresh and hard wicket which will assist the batters.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly sunny and pleasant. The temperature can go up to 26 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is four percent chance of rain and 23 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the west-southwest.

Fantasy playing XI

Yasmeen Khan, Edelle Van Zyl, Janet Ronalds, Stephanie Frohnmayer, Anuradha Doddaballapur, Christina Gough, Kayleen Green, Sune Wittmann, Suzanne McAnanama, Sylvia Shihepo, Wilka Mwatile

Match details

Date: July 2, 2022

Time: 7.30PM IST

Venue: Bayer Uerdingen Cricket Ground, Krefeld, Germany

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 3: Namibia vs Nigeria Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here