2nd T20I: Malaysia v Singapore | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The second T20I of the three-match series between Malaysia and Singapore will be played on July 9 at the Indian Association Ground in Singapore. The match will start at 5PM IST. Malaysia lead the three-match series 1-0.

In the first T20I, Malaysia beat Singapore by six wickets as they chased down 79 runs in 14.3 overs. Batting first, Singapore were restricted to 78/9 in 20 overs. Singapore’s captain Shafina Mahesh top scored with 27 while for Malaysia Wan Julia starred with the bat as she mustered 30 runs. With the ball, GK Diviya stood out for Singapore with two wickets, while for Malaysia, Sasha Azmi and Nur Arianna Natsya struck with a couple of wickets each. 

Head-to-Head

Malaysia and Singapore have played 11 T20Is against each other, out of which Malaysia have won nine and Singapore have won two.

Squads

Malaysia: Winifred Duraisingam, Mas Elysa, Nik Nur Atiela, Sasha Azmi, Aisya Eleesa Firdauz, Ainna Hamizah, Elsa Hunter, Jamahidaya Intan, Wan Julia, Dhanusri Muhunan, Aina Najwa, Arianna Natsya, Nur Dania Syuhada, Zumika Azmi, Nurilyaa Natasya Asri, Amalin Sorfina Abu Jimi

Singapore: Roshi Ramesh, Dhwani Prakas, Piumi Gurusinghe, Johanna Pooranakaran, Zay Hua Tan, Chathurani Abeyratne, Riyaa Bhasin, Shafina Mahesh, GK Diviya, Vinu Kumar, Ada Bhasin, Ishita Shukla, Dhavina Sharma, Jocelyn Pooranakaran,

Players to watch

Wan Julia: 

The right-handed opening batter and wicket-keeper of Malaysia led the run chase from the front as she mustered 30 runs off 44 balls, including one boundary in the first T20I against Singapore. She stitched a crucial 58-run partnership with her opening partner and captain Winifred Duraisingam. The duo provided the perfect start to Malaysia.

Also Read:  Match 7: Malaysia v Qatar Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Sasha Azmi: 

She won the player of the match in the first T20I against Singapore. The right arm medium pace bowler from Malaysia scalped 7/2 in four overs and was the most economical bowler for her side. She picked up both her wickets in the 18th over of the innings. Out of the 24 balls that she bowled in her spell, she accounted for 18 dot balls.

GK Diviya: 

The Singaporean all-rounder, who is a right-handed middle order batter and right arm off spinner had a good outing with the ball. The wily spinner was the most successful bowler for her team as she claimed 9/2 in four overs, picking up both the wickets in the 10th over of the innings against Malaysia in the first T20I. She opened the bowling with Johanna Pooranakaran and bowled well with the new ball.

Shafina Mahesh: 

The captain of Singapore starred with the bat as she mustered 27 runs off 43 balls, including one boundary in the first T20I against Malaysia. The right-handed top order batter came in to bat in the first over and was there in the middle till the 18th over. She held the innings together and took Singapore to a decent total. She also bowled 1.3 overs and picked up 9/1.

Pitch

The last T20I that was played here saw more than 150 runs being scored. 13 wickets fell in the process. The team batting second won the match chasing 79 runs in 14.3 overs. Batting has not looked that easy on this wicket. On the other hand, the bowlers have enjoyed bowling here, thanks to the cloudy conditions at their disposal.

Also Read:  Match 9: Malaysia vs Myanmar | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Weather

A stray morning thunderstorm is expected; otherwise clouds followed by a brightening sky. The temperature can go up to 31 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover is 98 percent and the probability of precipitation is 42 percent. The wind will blow from the south.

Fantasy Playing XI

Wan Julia, Ainna Hamizah, Elsa Hunter, Roshni Ramesh, GK Diviya, Mas Elysa, Shafina Mahesh, Winifred Duraisingam, Ada Bhasin, Arianna Natsya, Sasha Azmi

Match details

Date: July 9, 2022

Time: 5PM IST

Venue: Indian Association Ground, Singapore

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here