Preview: Match 6 – Botswana vs Namibia, Head to Head Stats, Squads, Suggested Playing XI, Top picks, Conditions

Day 3 of the seventh edition of the Kwibuka Women’s T20 tournament will see Botswana taking on Namibia in the second match at the Gahanga International Cricket Stadium in Rwanda. The match will begin at 1.50pm local (5.20pm IST) on June 8.

Botswana Women's Cricket Team. PC: Facebook
Botswana Women’s Cricket Team. PC: Facebook

Match preview

1) Squads

Botswana:  Laura Mophakedi (c), Florence Samanyika (vc), Tebagano Ditshotlo, Botho Freeman, Onneile Keitsemang, Jacqueline Kgang, Bontle Madimabe, Precious Modimo, Thapelo Modise, Amantle Mokgotlhe, Collin Mokibel, Shameelah Mosweu, Tebogo Motlhabaphuti, Botsogo Mpedi, Tuelo Shadrack

Namibia: Irene van Zyl (c) , Yasmeen Khan (vc), Arrasta Diergaardt, Didi Foerster, Mezerly Gorases, Kayleen Green, Victoria Hamunyela, Reehana Khan, Wilka Mwatile, Sylvia Shihepo, Namusha Shiomwenyo, Adri van der Merwe, Edelle van Zyl, Sune Wittmann

2) Players to watch out for – Must-haves in your Fantasy XI

Florence Samanyika: The 19-year old right-hand bat from Botswana is a vital cog in the team’s batting line-up. In the two matches played so far, she is the leading run-getter for her side.

Amantle Mokgotlhe: The 19-year old right-arm speedster from Botswana has the reputation of bowling disciplined lines and lengths. Though she has managed to pick up just one wicket in two appearances, she will be rearing to have a go against Namibia in her next outing.

Arrasta Diergaardt: The 20-year old right-hand bat from Namibia is the highest run-getter for her side, having a top score of 26 not out in the tournament so far.

Victoria Hamunyela: The 18-year old right arm off-spinner from Namibia is one of the most effective bowlers in the line-up. In the two games played so far, she has given away just 22 runs and picked up six wickets.

Also Read:  Preview: 1st semi-final – Namibia vs Nigeria, Squads, Suggested Playing XI, Top picks, Playing Conditions

3) Suggested Playing XI

Kayleen Green (wk), Arrasta Diergaardt, Adri van der Merve, Florence Samanyika, Botsogo Mpedi, Amantle Mokgotlhe, Irene van Zyl, Victoria Hamunyela (C), Sylvia Shihepo (VC), Wilka Mwatile, Onneile Keitsemang

4) Pitch Report

The pitch is expected to be on a slower side with the ball not coming on to the bat nicely. It will be a stiff challenge for the batters to put up runs on board for their bowlers to play something with.

5) Head to Head

In the last five matches that Botswana and Namibia played against each other, Namibia has always had an upper hand winning all the five games.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for all the updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here