Preview: Match 5 – Kenya vs Nigeria, Head to Head Stats, Squads, Fantasy Playing XI, Top picks, Conditions

Day 3 of the seventh edition of the Kwibuka Women’s T20 tournament will see Kenya taking on Nigeria in the first match at the Gahanga International Cricket Stadium in Rwanda. The match will begin at 9.20am local (1.00pm IST) on June 8.

Nigeria Women's Cricket Team. PC: Twitter
Nigeria Women’s Cricket Team. PC: Twitter

Match preview

1) Squads

Kenya:  Sylvia Kinyua, Sharon Juma, Margaret Ngoche † (c), Jane Otieno, Ruth Achando, Sarah Wetoto, Queentor Abel, Edith Waithaka, Veronica Abuga , Esther Wachira, Fiavia Odhiambo, Daisy Njoroge, Mercyline Ochieng, Monicah Ndhambi , Brenda Mogusu, Melvin Idambo

Nigeria: Samantha Agazuma (c) , Kehinde Abdulquadri, Omonye Asika, Mary Desmond, Joy Efosa, Favour Eseigbe, Blessing Etim, Abigail Igbobie, Miracle Imimole, Piety Lucky, Blessing Nwobodo, Agatha Obulor, Racheal Samson, Esther Sandy, Salome Sunday

2) Players to watch out for – Must-haves in your Fantasy XI

Sarah Wetoto: The 32-year old right-arm off-spinner from Kenya is a genuine wicket-taker. Picking up a five-wicket haul in her previous game against Botswana, the team will expect her to lead the bowling attack from the front.

Queentor Abel: The 23-year old right-hand bat from Kenya is a vital cog in the team’s batting line-up. Having top-scored in her previous outing, a lot will depend on her if Kenya wants to put up a big score on board or if it is looking to chase down a stiff target.

Samantha Agazuma: The 26-year old right-hand bat from Nigeria, though did not have a decent outing against Namibia in her previous appearance, there is seldom any doubt about her ability with the bat. Having failed in her first game, she will be determined to rebound against strong opposition like Kenya.

Also Read:  Preview: Match 9 - Kenya vs Rwanda, Squads, Suggested Playing XI, Top picks, Conditions

Joy Efosa: The 18-year old right-arm quickie from Nigeria is, by all means, a wrecker-in-chief when she is on the song. She was the highest wicket-taker for her team in the previous match against Namibia scalping 2-17 in her three overs.

3) Suggested Fantasy XI Picks

Sharon Juma, Veronica Abuga, Samantha Agazuma, Melvin Idambo, Jane Otieno, Sarah Wetoto (C), Queentor Abel (VC), Blessing Etim, Mary Desmond, Edith Waithaka, Joy Efosa

4) Pitch Report

It is going to be a bowling paradise as the batters will have a tough time in the middle. Scoring will not be easy. Team batting first, scoring anything around 100 will have a good chance of winning the match.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for all the updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here