Preview: Match 4 – Rwanda vs Namibia – Head to Head Stats, Playing XI, Squad, Conditions, Toss, Fantasy Picks

Kwibuka Women’s T20 Tournament Match 4 Preview: Rwanda vs Namibia

Day 2 of the seventh edition of the Kwibuka Women’s T20 tournament will see Rwanda taking on Namibia in the second match at the Gahanga International Cricket Stadium in Rwanda. This will be the second game for both the teams as they go into today’s match with a lot of positivity having won their first match of the competition yesterday.

Rwanda Women's Cricket Team
Rwanda Women’s Cricket Team

Match preview

1) Squads

Rwanda: Delphine Mukarurangwa, Cathia Uwamahoro, Henriette Ishimwe, Marie Bimenyimana, Immaculee Muhawenimana, Gisele Ishimwe, Sarah Uwera † (c), Sifa Ingabire, Alice Ikuzwe, Flora Irakoze †, Josiane Nyirankundineza, Diane Dusabemungu, Margueritte Vumiliya , Antoinette Uwimbabazi, Belyse Murekatete, Merveille Uwase, Josiane Uwimbabazi, Olive Dusabimana

Namibia:  Irene van Zyl (c), Sune Wittmann, Arrasta Diergaardt, Adri van der Merwe, Kayleen Green, Dietlind Foerster, Sylvia Shihepo, Yasmeen Khan †, Reehana Khan, Wilka Mwatile , Victoria Hamunyela Edelle van Zyl, Merczerly Gorases

2) Players to watch out for

Both the teams have some good players in their ranks. Top five players to watch out for in this match will be:

Marie Bimenyimana: The 24-year old right-hand bat from Rwanda has had a stellar run in the tournament over the years. Having featured in five games, she has smashed 155 runs at an average of 51.67 and a strike rate of 104.02.

Cathia Uwamahoro: The Rwanda bat has had a decent outing in the tournament over the years. The 27-year old right-hand batter has scored 154 runs in 10 matches at an average of 25.67 and strike rate of 96.85.

Also Read:  Coach Leonard Nhambulo summons Rwanda Women's squad for ICC World Cup Africa Qualifiers

Adri van der Merwe: The Namibian right-hand bat has had a decent outing in the tournament over the years. The 19-year old right-hand batter has scored 152 runs in 10 matches at an average of 16.89 and strike rate of 78.75.

Irene van Zyl: The 36-year old right-arm off-spinner from Namibia is a genuine wicket-taking option. In this tournament over the years, she has played 10 games and has picked up 11 wickets at an economy of 4.03 and strike rate of 16.36.

Immaculee MuhawenimanaThe 22-year old right-arm quick from Rwanda is quite effective with the ball in hand. She has scalped up 10 wickets in eight games in the tournament at an economy of 4.53 and a strike rate of 13.90.

3. Suggested Playing XI

Kayleen Green, Sarah Uwera (c), Arrasta Diergaardt, Adri van der Merwe, Cathia Uwamahoro, Alice Ikuzwe, Marie Bimenyimana, Sylvia Shihepo, Victoria Hamunyela (vc), Immaculee Muhawenimana, Belyse Murekatete

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here