Preview: Match 3 – Botswana vs Kenya, Head to Head Stats, Playing XI, Squad, Conditions, Toss, Fantasy Picks

Day 2 of the seventh edition of the Kwibuka Women’s T20 tournament will see Botswana taking on Kenya in the first match at the Gahanga International Cricket Stadium in Rwanda. This will be Kenya’s first match of the tournament, while Botswana will be having it’s second go in the competition, having lost to Rwanda by eight wickets yesterday.

Botswana Women's Cricket Team. PC: Facebook
Botswana Women’s Cricket Team. PC: Facebook

Match preview

1) Squads

Botswana: Onneile Keitsemang, Bontle Madimabe, Precious Modimo, Amantle Mokgotlhe, Laura Mophakedi † (c), Shameelah Mosweu, Botsogo Mpedi , Florence Samanyika, Thapelo Modise, Tuelo Shadrack, Botho Freeman, Tebagano Ditshotlo, Tebogo Motlhabaphuti, Collin Mokibelo, Tebagano Ditshotlo

Kenya:  Sylvia Kinyua, Sharon Juma, Margaret Ngoche † (c), Jane Otieno, Ruth Achando, Sarah Wetoto, Queentor Abel, Edith Waithaka, Veronica Abuga , Esther Wachira, Fiavia Odhiambo, Daisy Njoroge, Mercyline Ochieng, Monicah Ndhambi , Brenda Mogusu

2) Players to watch out for – Must-haves in your Fantasy XI 

Both the teams have some good players in their ranks. The top five players to watch out for in this match will be:

Sharon Juma: The 30-year old Kenyan batter has had a terrific run in the tournament over the years. Having featured in eight games, she has mustered 135 runs at an average of 22.50 and a strike rate of 92.46.

Florence Samanyika: The Botswana bat has had a decent outing in the tournament over the years. The 19-year old right-hand batter has scored 122 runs at an average of 15.25 and strike rate of 62.24.

Sylvia Wairimu Kinyua: The 31-year-old right-hand bat from Kenya is another player to watch out for in this tournament. She has played in eight games and has compiled 113 runs at an average of 18.83 and a strike rate of 70.18.

Also Read:  Squad Analysis – Kenya Women for 2022 Commonwealth Games Cricket Qualifier

Tuelo Shadrack: The 20-year old right-arm quick from Botswana is quite effective with the ball in hand. She has picked up five wickets in seven games in the tournament at an economy of 5.59 and a strike rate of 26.40.

Mercyline Ochieng: The 32-year old right-arm medium pacer from Kenya has had a fantastic outing in the tournament. She has played three matches and has scalped six wickets at an economy of 2.17 and strike rate of 12.00.

3) Head to Head

In the last five matches that Botswana and Kenya played against each other, two were abandoned. Looking at the remaining three games, it is clear that Kenya has enjoyed an upper hand over Botswana as the former has been invincible against the latter.

With the two sides locking horns against each other today, it will be interesting to see if Botswana girls can redeem themselves or the Kenya eves continue to dominate.

4) Suggested Fantasy XI Picks

Laura Mophakedi (vc), Sharon Juma, Veronica Abuga, Florence Samanyika, Botho Freeman, Margaret Ngoche (c), Amantle Mokgotlhe, Shameelah Mosweu, Edith Waithaka, Tuelo Shadrack, Daisy Njoroge

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for all the updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here