Preview: 2nd semi final – Rwanda vs Kenya, Squads, Suggested Playing XI, Top picks, Conditions

Day 6 of the seventh edition of the Kwibuka Women’s T20 tournament will see Rwanda taking on Kenya in the second semi-final at the Gahanga International Cricket Stadium in Rwanda. The match will begin at 1.50 pm local (5.20 pm IST) on June 11. With Kenya having won against Rwanda in the league stage, the visitors have an upper hand going into the semi-finals.

Rwanda Women's Cricket Team. PC: Twitter
Rwanda Women’s Cricket Team. PC: Twitter

Match preview

1) Squads

Kenya:  Sylvia Kinyua, Sharon Juma, Margaret Ngoche † (c), Jane Otieno, Ruth Achando, Sarah Wetoto, Queentor Abel, Edith Waithaka, Veronica Abuga , Esther Wachira, Fiavia Odhiambo, Daisy Njoroge, Mercyline Ochieng, Monicah Ndhambi , Brenda Mogusu, Melvin Idambo

Rwanda: Delphine Mukarurangwa, Cathia Uwamahoro, Henriette Ishimwe, Marie Bimenyimana, Immaculee Muhawenimana, Gisele Ishimwe, Sarah Uwera (c), Sifa Ingabire, Alice Ikuzwe, Flora Irakoze, Josiane Nyirankundineza, Diane Dusabemungu, Margueritte Vumiliya , Antoinette Uwimbabazi, Belyse Murekatete, Merveille Uwase, Josiane Uwimbabazi, Olive Dusabimana

2) Players to watch out for – Must-haves in your Fantasy XI

Sarah Wetoto: The 32-year old right-arm off-spinner from Kenya has scalped nine wickets in four appearances. She has bowled 15 overs and conceded 61 runs, with an economy of 4.06 and an average of 6.77.

Queentor Abel: The 23-year old right-hand bat from Kenya is the leading run-getter for her side so far with 141 runs in the four matches that she has played striking at a rate of 98 and an average of 71. She has a top score of 47 not out.

Henriette Ishimwe: The 18-year old all-rounder has contributed both with bat and ball. With the bat, she has scored 40 runs in three innings and with the ball, she has picked up nine wickets in four innings, which is the highest for the team.

Also Read:  Match 22 : Rwanda vs Uganda | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Marie Bimenyimana: The 24-year old right-hand bat is the leading run-getter for the team with 54 runs in four innings. A lot will depend on her for Rwanda to make it to the finals.

3) Suggested Fantasy XI Picks

Sharon Juma (WK), Veronica Abuga, Melvin Idambo, Cathia Uwamahoro, Sarah Wetoto (C), Queentor Abel, Henriette Ishimwe (VC), Marie Bimenyimana, Immaculee Muhawenimana, Belyse Murekatete, Lavendah Idambo

4) Pitch Report

The pitch is expected to aid the bowlers. Teams batting first should think of posting a score above 100, which will be a par total in these conditions.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for all the updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here