2nd T20I: Scotland v Ireland Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The second T20I of the three-match series between Scotland and Ireland will be played on September 6 at the Grange Cricket Club in Edinburgh, Scotland. Ireland lead the series 1-0 after beating Scotland in the first T20I by eight wickets.

2nd T20I: Scotland v Ireland Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

In the first T20I, batting first, Scotland posted 133/6 in 20 overs, riding on Saskia Horlia’s delectable 52. On the other hand, for Ireland, Arlene Kelly was the most successful bowler as she picked up two wickets. In reply, Ireland overhauled the target in 16.2 overs with eight wickets in hand. Orla Prendergast starred with the bat scoring an unbeaten 75 while for Scotland, Katherine Fraser was the lone wicket-taker with two scalps.

Match Preview

Head-to-Head

Scotland and Ireland have played nine T20Is against each other out of which Ireland have won six and Scotland have won three.

Squads 

Scotland: Kathryn Bryce (c), Abbi Aitken, Lorna Jack, Ellen Watson, Olivia Bell, Katie McGill, Megan McColl Megan McColl, Sarah Bryce (wk), Ailsa Lister (wk), Abtaha Maqsood, Priyanaz Chatterji, Katherine Fraser, Rachel Slater, Hannah Rainey

Ireland: Laura Delany (c), Gaby Lewis, Amy Hunter, Rebecca Stokell, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Arlene Kelly, Rachel Delaney, Leah Paul, Mary Waldron (wk), Shauna Kavanagh (wk), Sophie MacMahon, Cara Murray, Georgina Dempsey, Jane Maguire

Players to watch

Saskia Horley: 

The right-handed middle order batter of Scotland top scored with a 52 off 42 balls in the first T20I against Ireland. Coming in at number four, she hit six boundaries and a six to steer her team to a respectable score of 133. She also bowled three overs of left arm spin and conceded 24 runs.

Also Read:  Match 6: Falcons v Spirit Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Katherine Fraser: 

The right arm off spinner of Scotland was the solitary wicket-taker for the team in the first T20I against Ireland. She opened the bowling with Rachel Slater and bowled well with the new ball. She struck on the very first of her spell and claimed 31/2 in her full quota of four overs.

Orla Prendergast: 

The talented all-rounder from Ireland won the player of the match in the first T20I against Scotland. She muscled an undefeated 75 off 45, including 11 boundaries and a six to lead the run chase from the front. She also opened the bowling and gave away 14 runs in her two overs.

Arlene Kelly: 

She was the pick of the bowlers for Ireland in the first T20I against Scotland. The right arm speedster opened the bowling with Orla Prendergast and scalped 12/2 in her four overs. She was not only the most successful bowler but also the most economical bowler for her team.

Pitch

This will be the second match of the tournament at this venue. In the last match, 270 runs were scored and eight wickets fell in the process. The wicket looks good for batting. However with cloudy conditions and high chance of rain, expect the fast bowlers to get some purchase from the pitch.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy with showers mainly late in the day. The maximum temperature attained during the course of the day will be 19 degrees Celsius. There will be 92 percent cloud cover and 91 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east.

Also Read:  Match 2: Scotland vs United States of America | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Fantasy Playing XI

Sarah Bryce, Amy Hunter, Gaby Lewis, Saskia Horley, Orla Prendergast, Arlene Kelly, Laura Delany, Leah Paul, Abtaha Maqsood, Katherine Fraser, Georgina Dempsey

Match details

Date: September 6, 2022

Time: 5.30 PM IST

Venue: Grange Cricket Club, Edinburgh

Live streaming: Cricket Scotland YouTube channel

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here