2nd T20I: Ireland v Pakistan Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The second T20I between Ireland and Pakistan will be played on November 14 at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore. The game will begin at 10.30 AM IST (10 AM LOCAL). Ireland lead the series 1-0.

2nd T20I: Ireland v Pakistan Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

In the first T20I, batting first, Pakistan scored 135/5 in 20 overs, thanks to Nida Dar’s 61. For Ireland, Orla Prendergast wreaked havoc with the ball as she picked up three wickets. In reply, the visitors completed the formalities in 18.4 overs with six wickets in hand. Gaby Lewis muscled an unbeaten 69, while Dar, Ghulam Fatima, and Nashra Sandhu claimed one wicket apiece for the hosts.

Head-to-Head

Ireland and Pakistan have played 16 T20Is against each other, out of which Ireland have won three and Pakistan have won 13.

Squads

Ireland – Laura Delany (C), Amy Hunter, Shauna Kavanagh, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Louise Little, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Celeste Raack, Eimear Richardson, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron (WK), Sophie Macmahon

Pakistan – Bismah Maroof (C), Aimen Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Javeria Khan, Tuba Hassan, Fatima Sana, Kainat Imtiaz, Muneeba Ali (WK), Nashra Sandhu, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Ameen, Ayesha Naseem, Ghulam Fatima

Players to watch

Orla Prendergast: 

The dashing all-rounder of Ireland won the player of the match in the first T20I against Pakistan. She made valuable contributions with bat and ball. The right-handed top-order batter smashed 39 off 25, including three boundaries and a six. With the ball, the right-arm seamer opened the bowling and scalped 10/3 in four overs.

Also Read:  Katherine Brunt and Sophie Ecclestone demolish Pakistan's Feeble Batting Line-Up

Gaby Lewis: 

The right-handed opening batter of Ireland blasted an undefeated 69 off 54 in the first T20I against Pakistan. She muscled nine boundaries and led the run chase from the front. In the process, she stitched a 55-run partnership with Prendergast for the second wicket.

Nida Dar: 

The star all-rounder of Pakistan top-scored with 61 off 43 in the first T20I against Ireland. She hammered nine boundaries and a six in her entertaining knock. She held the innings together with her power-packed batting performances. With the ball, the right-arm off-spinner accounted for 30/1 in four overs.

Ghulam Fatima: 

Pakistan’s wily right-arm leg spinner was the most economical bowler for her side in the first T20I against Ireland. She bowled her full quota of four overs and conceded 26 runs. She claimed one wicket and was one of the three wicket-takers for the team.

Pitch

The last game that was played here saw more than 270 runs being scored. Nine wickets fell in the process. Expect batting-friendly conditions. However, with a thick cloud cover, the fast bowlers could get assistance early in the match.

Weather

The weather is expected to be pleasant, with times of sun and clouds. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 28 degrees Celsius. There will be a 72 percent cloud cover and a one percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north.

Fantasy Playing XI

Muneeba Ali, Aliya Riaz, Gaby Lewis, Amy Hunter, Bismah Maroof, Orla Prendergast, Laura Delany, Nida Dar, Arlene Kelly, Nashra Sandhu, Ghulam Fatima

Also Read:  Aliya Riaz

Match Details

Date: November 14, 2022

Time: 10.30 AM IST (10 AM LOCAL)

Venue: Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

Live streaming: YouTube Pakistan Cricket Official

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here