1st T20I: Ireland v Pakistan Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

After registering a clean sweep in the three-match ODI series, Pakistan will be charged up to take on Ireland in the T20I series. The first T20I between Ireland and Pakistan will be played on November 12 at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore. The game will begin at 10.30 AM IST (10 AM LOCAL).

1st T20I: Ireland v Pakistan Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Head-to-Head

Ireland and Pakistan have played 15 T20Is against each other, out of which Ireland have won two and Pakistan have won 13.

Squads

Ireland – Laura Delany (C), Amy Hunter, Shauna Kavanagh, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Louise Little, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Celeste Raack, Eimear Richardson, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron (WK), Sophie Macmahon

Pakistan – Bismah Maroof (C), Aimen Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Javeria Khan, Tuba Hassan, Fatima Sana, Kainat Imtiaz, Muneeba Ali (WK), Nashra Sandhu, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Ameen, Ayesha Naseem

Players to watch

Eimear Richardson: 

The Irish all-rounder made valuable contributions with bat and ball in the recently concluded three-match ODI series against Pakistan. The right-handed middle-order batter registered 60 runs and claimed four wickets, bowling right-arm off-spin. She was the most successful bowler for Ireland in that series.

Laura Delany: 

The skipper of Ireland was the most successful batter for her side in the three-match ODI series against Pakistan. The right-handed middle-order batter accumulated 115 runs in three innings, including the best of 69. Besides her batting, she is more than a handy right-arm medium-pace bowler.

Sidra Ameen: 

The right-handed opening batter of Pakistan scored 277 runs in the recently concluded three-match ODI series against Ireland. She was the highest run-getter in the ODI tournament. Going into the T20Is, she will take a lot of confidence with her. Pakistan will want her to carry on from where she left in the 50-over format into the T20Is.

Also Read:  ICC Women's T20 World Cup Qualifiers - Ireland Women squad announced

Bismah Maroof: 

The captain of Pakistan finished third on the list of top run-getters in the three-match ODI series against Ireland. The left-handed top-order batter smashed 126 runs in two innings and hit half-centuries in both outings. She will also be the key to Pakistan’s batting success in the T20Is.

Pitch

The venue has hosted three women’s T20Is so far. The teams batting first have won all of them. The average first innings score is 137, and the average second innings score is 118. Expect a hard and new surface that will offer plenty of runs. Since it is a morning start, the fast bowlers can get some help with the new ball.

Weather

The weather is expected to be pleasant, with plenty of sunshine. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 28 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Muneeba Ali, Aliya Riaz, Sidra Ameen, Amy Hunter, Bismah Maroof, Eimear Richardson, Laura Delany, Nida Dar, Arlene Kelly, Nashra Sandhu, Fatima Sana

Match Details

Date: November 12, 2022

Time: 10.30 AM IST (10 AM LOCAL)

Venue: Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

Live streaming: YouTube Pakistan Cricket Official

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here