Match 3: Pakistan v Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The third match of the Ireland Tri-Nation Women’s T20I Series 2022 will be played between Pakistan and Ireland on July 19 at the Bready Cricket Club in Bready. The match will start at 8.30PM IST.

Head-to-Head

Pakistan and Ireland have played 14 T20Is against each other, out of which Pakistan have won 12 and Ireland have won two.

Squads

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (c), Aimen Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Ayesha Naseem, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Gul Feroza, Iram Javed, Kainat Imtiaz, Muneeba Ali Siddiqui, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadia Iqbal, Tuba Hassan. 

Ireland: Laura Delany (c), Ava Canning, Rachel Delaney, Georgina Dempsey, Amy Hunter, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Sophie MacMahon, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

Players to watch

Nida Dar: 

This highly experienced all-rounder from Pakistan has 111 T20Is under her belt. She is a right arm off spinner and a right-handed middle order batter. She is quite flexible with her bowling as she can open as well as bowl in the middle overs. She has registered 1257 runs, including four half-centuries and is the only player from Pakistan to have more than 100 wickets in women’s T20Is.

Bismah Maroof:

The skipper of Pakistan is a talented left-handed batter and a right arm leg spinner. She has featured in 111 T20Is and scored 2290 runs, including 11 half-centuries and the best of 70 not out. With the ball, she has claimed 36 wickets in 63 innings. Apart from her all-round skills, she has been a great leader of the team.

Also Read:  Nominees for the Ireland’s Annual Awards 2023 revealed

Rebecca Stokell: 

The right-handed opening batter of Ireland top scored with 22 runs off 33 balls, including two boundaries in her last outing against Australia. She laid the foundation for her team and held the innings together as she was there in the middle till the 12th over. She fought hard while the wickets were tumbling around her.

Arlene Kelly: 

The right arm medium pace bowler from Ireland was the lone wicket-taker in the last match against Australia. She picked up 19/1 in three overs. Apart from her bowling, she is a solid right-handed middle order batter. The all-rounder will be expected to contribute with both bat and ball in the rest of the tournament.

Pitch

This will be the third match of the tournament at this venue. The last match saw more than 200 runs being scored with the team batting second winning the match chasing 100 runs. Out of the nine wickets that fell in that match, six were scalped by the fast bowlers and three by a solitary spinner. The wicket is expected to offer an exciting contest between both bat and ball.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy and cooler with a couple of showers in the afternoon. The temperature can go up to 20 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover is 99 percent and the probability of precipitation is 64 percent. The wind will blow from the north-west.  

Fantasy Playing XI

Mary Waldron, Muneeba Ali, Rebecca Stokell, Bismah Maroof, Aliya Riaz, Gaby Lewis, Laura Delany, Nida Dar, Arlene Kelly, Fatima Sana, Anam Amin

Also Read:  Squads and Schedule announced for National Triangular One Day Cricket Championship in Pakistan

Match details

Date: July 19, 2022

Time: 8.30 PM IST

Venue: Bready Cricket Club, Bready

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here