Match 2: Australia v Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The second match of the Ireland Tri-Nation Women’s T20I Series 2022 will be played between Australia and Ireland on July 17 at the Bready Cricket Club in Bready. The match will start at 8.30PM IST.

The second match of the Ireland Tri-Nation Women's T20I Series 2022 will be played between Australia and Ireland on July 17 at the Bready Cricket Club in Bready.
The second match of the Ireland Tri-Nation Women’s T20I Series 2022 will be played between Australia and Ireland on July 17 at the Bready Cricket Club in Bready.

Head-to-Head

Australia and Ireland have played six T20Is against each other and Australia have won all of them.

Squads

Australia: Meg Lanning (c), Rachael Haynes (vc), Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Ashleigh Gardner, Heather Graham, Grace Harris, Alyssa Healy, Jess Jonassen*, Alana King, Tahlia McGrath, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Amanda-Jade Wellington

*likely to miss the start of the tri-series due to COVID 

Ireland: Laura Delany (c), Ava Canning, Rachel Delaney, Georgina Dempsey, Amy Hunter, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Sophie MacMahon, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

Players to watch

Ashleigh Gardner: 

The Australian all-rounder made a useful contribution with the ball as she struck with 11/2 in two overs. The right arm off spinner picked up both the wickets in the same over. She bowled well with the new ball. Apart from her bowling, Australia will want her to chip in with the bat.

Alana King: 

The wily leg spinner of Australia had a good outing with the ball in her last match against Pakistan, which was abandoned after just eight overs of play. She claimed 8/3 in one over and was unlucky to miss out on a hat-trick as the first and second wickets were separated by a wide. She came in to bowl in the seventh over and displayed firm control over the new ball.

Also Read:  Haynes and Lanning's 196 Runs Partnership help Australia amass 310 Runs on Board

Laura Delany: 

She is the most experienced T20I player of Ireland. With 72 matches under her belt, the all-rounder has been good with both bat and ball over the years. She is a right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler. She has mustered 787 runs in 60 innings and accounted for 41 wickets in 59 innings.

Gaby Lewis: 

The captain of Ireland is a right-handed batter and a right arm leg spinner. She has played 51 T20Is and scored 1107 runs, including six half-centuries and a century. With the ball, she has claimed three wickets in seven innings. She has been in good form in the recent past.

Pitch

This will be the second match of the tournament at this venue. The last match was abandoned due to rain after only eight overs were bowled. 56 runs were scored and six wickets fell in the process. Spinners were very effective. However, the wicket seems to be good for batting. 

Weather

The weather is expected to be very warm with times of clouds and sun. The temperature can go up to 26 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover is 70 percent and the probability of precipitation is 11 percent. The wind will blow from the south.

Fantasy Playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Beth Mooney, Gaby Lewis, Meg Lanning, Ashleigh Gardner, Ellyse Perry, Laura Delany, Leah Paul, Alana King, Arlene Kelly, Megan Schutt

Match details

Date: July 17, 2022

Time: 8.30PM IST

Venue: Bready Cricket Club, Bready

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 12: Central Hinds v Auckland Hearts | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here