Match 1: Australia v Pakistan | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The first match of the Ireland Tri-Nation Women’s T20I Series 2022 will be played between Australia and Pakistan on July 16 at the Bready Cricket Club in Bready. The match will start at 8.30 PM IST.

Head-to-Head

Australia and Pakistan have played 10 T20Is against each other and Australia have won all of them.

Squads

Australia: Meg Lanning (c), Rachael Haynes (vc), Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Ashleigh Gardner, Heather Graham, Grace Harris, Alyssa Healy, Jess Jonassen*, Alana King, Tahlia McGrath, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Amanda-Jade Wellington

*likely to miss the start of the tri-series due to COVID

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (c), Aimen Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Ayesha Naseem, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Gul Feroza, Iram Javed, Kainat Imtiaz, Muneeba Ali Siddiqui, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadia Iqbal, Tuba Hassan

Players to watch

Ashleigh Gardner: 

She is a hard-hitting right-handed middle-order batter and more than a handy right-arm off-spinner from Australia. She has featured in 51 T20Is, scored 815 runs, including four half-centuries and accounted for 27 wickets. Apart from her all-round abilities, she is an electric fielder.

Tahlia McGrath:

This talented Australian all-rounder has made some giant strides in her brief international career. In her five T20Is, this right-handed batter has muscled 177 runs, including the best of 91 not out, and has a healthy strike rate of 157. With the ball, the right arm quick has scalped three wickets in as many innings.

Nida Dar: 

She is an experienced all-rounder of Pakistan, with 111 T20Is to her name. She is a right arm off spinner and a right-handed middle order batter. She is quite flexible with her bowling as she can open as well as bowl in the middle overs. She has registered 1257 runs, including four half-centuries and is the only player from Pakistan to have more than 100 wickets in women’s T20Is.

Also Read:  Venue for India Women's tour of Australia changed due to Pandemic and Border Restrictions

Bismah Maroof: 

The captain of Pakistan is a left-handed batter and a right arm leg spinner. She has played 111 T20Is and scored 2290 runs, including 11 half-centuries and the best of 70 not out. With the ball, she has claimed 36 wickets in 63 innings. Apart from her all-round skills, she has been a great leader of the team.

Pitch

The venue has hosted five women’s T20Is to date. However, four were abandoned or cancelled. The solitary match that was played here was in September 2016. The team batting first won the rain curtailed affair which was reduced to 10 overs a side. Just prior to the start of this tri-series, one of the matches of the Arachas Super T20 Trophy was played here. More than 200 runs were scored in the game and the team batting second won. With not much cricket played at this wicket, expect a hard surface, which will be batting friendly.

Weather

The weather is expected to be warm with variable cloudiness and a passing shower in the afternoon. The temperature can go up to 23 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover is 90 percent and the probability of precipitation is 60 percent. The wind will blow from the south-west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Beth Mooney, Bismah Maroof, Meg Lanning, Ashleigh Gardner, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Tahlia McGrath, Anam Amin, Megan Schutt, Tuba Hassan

Match details

Date: July 16, 2022

Time: 8.30 PM IST

Venue: Bready Cricket Club, Bready

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Summary: 5th T20I - Shafali Verma and Smriti Mandhana powers India to highest-ever Run-Chase
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here