Smriti Mandhana just 29 Runs short of 2000 T20I Runs

Smriti Mandhana is all set to add yet another feather to her cap and to give another reason why she is such an important part of Indian cricket. Having scored 1971 runs in 84 T20 international matches, she is just 29 runs short of becoming only the fifth Indian batter to score 2000 plus T20I runs. Mandhana has had a splendid career and is an unmissable player in the Indian team with a strike rate of 120.84 and 14 half-centuries to her name in the shortest format of the game.

Smriti Mandhana in ICC Women's Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: ICC/Getty Images
Smriti Mandhana in ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: ICC/Getty Images

As the Women in Blue charge up for the bilateral series against Sri Lanka starting 23rd June, Mandhana is just a few shots away from achieving this feat. The other four Indian batters to have scored more than 2000 runs are Mithali Raj, current skipper Harmanpreet Kaur, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli. Mandhana is the third-highest run-getter for India in T20Is after the recently retired Mithali Raj and the current skipper, Harmanpreet Kaur. She is ranked fourth in ICC T20I batter rankings only after Beth Mooney, Meg Lanning, and Shafali Verma.

India will play Sri Lanka at Dambulla in the first T20I on June 23rd and all eyes will be watching Smriti Mandhana. Mandhana captained the Trailblazers in the 2022 edition of the Women’s T20 Challenge at the MCA Stadium, Pune. She has also been a part of Brisbane Heat and Sydney Thunder in the Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) and had also played for the Southern brave led by former England player Anya Shrubsole in the inaugural edition of Women’s Hundred. Mandhana had played a truly phenomenal inning when she scored 78 off 52 balls to drive her team to victory against Welsh Fire Women in one of the games of the Women’s Hundred.

Also Read:  1st ODI: India v Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The left-handed classy stroke player had made her debut in the shortest format of the game back in 2013 and post the 50 over World Cup in England, has become a favorite name.

For more latest news and updates on women’s cricket, follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Anvesha Shah

The 22 Yard stretch that molded me, is what I hold sacred. A cricketer weaving life’s innings into words. A Rohit Sharma Admirer always. I believe writing and cricket aren’t passions, but ways of life, so truly living the dream!

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here