India Women’s tour of Sri Lanka 2022 – Squad, Schedule, Head to Head, Live Streaming

The women in blue receive a warm welcome by The Sri Lanka Cricket as they arrive in the island nation for white-ball bilateral series set to begin on June 23rd.

All eyes will be on the Harmanpreet Kaur-led side as they walk into a new chapter of Indian cricket post – Mithali Raj’s retirement and in the absence of the veteran star, Jhulan Goswami. The well-balanced team with young talent and the expertise of players like Harmanpreet Kaur and Smriti Mandhana is all set to lock horns with the Lankans in 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is to be played at Pallekele and Dambulla respectively.

India Women's tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - Squad, Schedule, Head to Head, Live Streaming
India Women’s tour of Sri Lanka 2022 – Squad, Schedule, Head to Head, Live Streaming

India’s squad for the series:

T20I series: Harmanpreet Kaur (Captain), Smriti Mandhana (VC), Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia (wk), S Meghna, Deepti Sharma, Poonam Yadav, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Simran Bahadur, Richa Ghosh (wk), Pooja Vastrakar, Meghna Singh, Renuka Singh, Jemimah Rodrigues, Radha Yadav

ODI series: Harmanpreet Kaur (Captain), Smriti Mandhana (VC), Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia (wk), S Meghna, Deepti Sharma, Poonam Yadav, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Simran Bahadur, Richa Ghosh (wk), Pooja Vastrakar, Meghna Singh, Renuka Singh, Taniya Bhatia (wk), Harleen Deol

Sri Lanka Squad for both ODI and T20I Series

Chamari Athapaththu (C) Hasini Perera Kavisha Dilhari Nilakshi de Silva Anushka Sanjeevani Oshadhi Ranasinghe Sugandika Kumari Inoka Ranaweera Achini Kulasuriya Harshitha Samarawickrama Vishmi Gunaratne Malsha Shehani Ama Kanchana Udeshika Prabodhani Rashmi de Silva Hansima Karunaratne Kaushani Nuthyangana Sathya Sandeepani Tharika Sewwandi

Head-to-Head

29 ODIs- INDIA- 26, SRI LANKA- 2, NO RESULT-1

18 T20Is- INDIA- 14, SRI LANKA- 3, NO RESULT-1

It will be very interesting to see how this Indian team coached by Ramesh Powar will play their combinations and what Harmanpreet’s leadership style with support from Mandhana as her deputy brings to this team. The team had also trained at the National Cricket Academy, Bengaluru as well as interacted with VVS Laxman, NCA head and former Indian cricketer.

Also Read:  Harmanpreet Kaur becomes leading run-scorer in T20Is, surpasses Mithali Raj

Harmanpreet on Saturday said, “We are working hard on our team, we have great combinations. And for us, it is a good tour to start, because first-time we are going to play without our seniors and a great opportunity for all of us to build a team”.

Mark these dates so you don’t miss out on some classic cricket!

Live Streaming / Broadcast

There are no live-streaming details announced yet. As soon as we have any news on it, we shall update this section.

Schedule: India Women’s tour of Sri Lanka

1st T20I- 23th June

2nd T20I- 25th June

3rd T20I- 27th June

1st ODI- 1st July

2nd ODI- 4th July

3rd ODI- 7th July

For more latest news and updates on women’s cricket, follow us on Twitter and Instagram.

Anvesha Shah

The 22 Yard stretch that molded me, is what I hold sacred. A cricketer weaving life’s innings into words. A Rohit Sharma Admirer always. I believe writing and cricket aren’t passions, but ways of life, so truly living the dream!

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here