Video: Deepti Sharma grabs a stunning catch in 1st T20I against Sri Lanka

Deepti Sharma took a stunner to dismiss Harshitha Madavi in the 1st T20I match against Sri Lanka at Dambulla. Madavi was struggling before trying to change gears and as she lifted the ball for a pull, Deepti came running from the deep backward square to take an absolute stunner to dismiss her for 10 (17). Sharma is regarded as one of the quality fielders on the Indian side and has very safe hands.

Deepti Sharma grabs a stunning catch in 1st T20I against Sri Lanka at Dambulla. PC: Fancode App
Deepti Sharma grabs a stunning catch in 1st T20I against Sri Lanka at Dambulla. PC: Fancode App

Earlier, she also played a very important cameo scoring 17 from 8 deliveries with 3 boundaries in the last over and alongside Jemimah Rodrigues, took India to a strong and defendable total of 138 runs after 20 overs after a struggling phase in the middle overs and wickets falling after half-built partnerships. The left-handed batter and right-arm off-break bowler allrounder is currently ranked 4th on the ICC Rankings for All-rounders with close to 500 runs in T20Is and more than 60 wickets in the same format and is certainly an asset for the Indian team in all the departments.

India has been impressive with the bowling and fielding in today’s match and it surely is a Sharma’s catch surely is a positive takeaway.

As it is rightly said, catches win matches and Deepti has contributed greatly on the field to make sure there are no sloppy catches and dropping sitters. Sharma has taken more than 45 catches in her career so far and is a highly dependable fielder when it comes to saving runs or taking tough catches.

The bilateral series includes a total of 3 T20Is and 3 ODIs to be played at Dambulla and Pallekele respectively. The ODIs are a part of the ICC Women’s Championships 2022-25.

Also Read:  "We wanted to see how our bowlers handle pressure," says Ramesh Powar

Watch Video

For more latest news and updates on women’s cricket, Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Anvesha Shah

The 22 Yard stretch that molded me, is what I hold sacred. A cricketer weaving life’s innings into words. A Rohit Sharma Admirer always. I believe writing and cricket aren’t passions, but ways of life, so truly living the dream!

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here