2nd T20I: England v India Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The second T20I of the three-match series between England and India will be played on September 13 at the County Ground in Derby. The match will start at 11 PM IST. England lead the series 1-0.

2nd T20I: England v India Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

In the first T20I, batting first, India posted 132/7 in 20 overs. Deepti Sharma top scored with an unbeaten 29 while for England, Sarah Glenn wreaked havoc with the ball picking up her maiden four-wicket haul in T20Is. In reply, England made light work of the run chase as they overhauled the target in just 13 overs with nine wickets in hand. Sophia Dunkley led the run chase from the front with an undefeated 61, while for India, Sneh Rana was the solitary wicket-taker.

Head-to-Head

England and India have played 24 T20Is against each other out of which England have won 18 and India have won six.

Squads

England: Danielle Wyatt, Sophia Dunkley, Alice Capsey, Bryony Smith, Amy Jones (c & wk), Maia Bouchier, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Kate Cross, Issy Wong, Lauren Bell

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (Captain), Smriti Mandhana (Vice-captain), Shafali Verma, Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Jemimah Rodrigues, Sneh Rana, Renuka Thakur, Meghna Singh, Radha Yadav, Sabbineni Meghana, Taniyaa Sapna Bhatia (WK), Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Dayalan Hemalatha, Simran Dil Bahadur, Richa Ghosh (WK), Kiran Navgire

Players to watch

Sarah Glenn: 

The right arm leg spinner of England won the player of the match in the first T20I against India. She scalped 23/4 in her full quota of four overs and bowled 10 dot balls which was the joint highest for England in that match alongside Sophie Ecclestone. She bowled well in the middle phase of the innings and applied brakes on India’s scoring. 

Also Read:  BCCI finally distributes the ICC Women's T20 World Cup prize money

Sophia Dunkley: 

The right-handed opening batter of England scored a delectable 61 not out off just 44 balls in the first T20I against India. The stylish batter hammered eight boundaries and a six. After being dropped on 15 she made the most of the second life and made India pay a heavy price. She guided England to an easy nine-wicket win chasing 133.

Deepti Sharma: 

The left-handed middle order batter of India starred with the bat in the first T20I against England. She muscled an undefeated 29 off 24, including three hits to the fence. Apart from her batting, she bowled a couple of overs of right arm off spin. She did not have the best of days with the ball as she conceded 25 runs. 

Sneh Rana: 

The right arm off spinner of India was the lone wicket-taker for the team in the first T20I against England. She picked up 31/1 in three overs, including the best of dangerous Danielle Wyatt. In addition to her bowling, she can be more than handy with the bat lower down the order.

Pitch

The venue has hosted nine women’s T20Is so far. The teams batting first have won six and the teams batting second have won two, with one match getting abandoned. The average first innings score is 139 and the average second innings score is 97. The wicket looks good for batting. However with cloudy conditions expected, the fast bowlers may get some purchase from the conditions.

Weather

The weather is expected to see times of clouds and sun. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 20 degrees Celsius. There will be 70 percent cloud cover and just one percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east.

Also Read:  Smriti Mandhana's unbeaten 79 helped India level T20I series 1-1 against England

Fantasy Playing XI

Richa Ghosh, Danielle Wyatt, Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Mandhana, Sophia Dunkley, Alice Capsey, Deepti Sharma, Sneh Rana, Sarah Glenn, Renuka Singh Thakur, Sophie Ecclestone

Match details

Date: September 13, 2022

Time: 11 PM IST

Venue: County Ground, Derby

Live streaming: Sony Sports Network, DD Sports

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here