Match 7: Mumbai Indians v Delhi Capitals | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The seventh match of the Women’s Premier League (WPL) will be played between Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals at the DY Patil Cricket Stadium on March 9. The game will begin at 7.30 PM IST.

Match 7: Mumbai Indians v Delhi Capitals | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Both teams will play their third match of the tournament, having won their previous two encounters. While Mumbai Indians have pipped Royal Challengers Bangalore and Gujarat Giants, Delhi Capitals have defeated UP Warriorz and Royal Challengers Bangalore.

Squads

Mumbai Indians: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Nat Sciver, Amelia Kerr, Pooja Vastrakar, Yastika Bhatia, Heather Graham, Isabelle Wong, Amanjot Kaur, Dhara Gujjar, Saika Ishaque, Hayley Mathews, Chloe Tryon, Humairaa Kaazi, Priyanka Bala, Sonam Yadav, Jintimani Kalita, Neelam Bisht

Delhi Capitals: Jemimah Rodrigues, Meg Lanning (c), Shafali Verma, Radha Yadav, Shikha Pandey, Marizanne Kapp, Titas Sadhu, Alice Capsey, Tara Norris, Laura Harris, Jasia Akhter, Minnu Man, Taniya Bhatia, Poonam Yadav, Jess Jonassen, Sneha Deepthi, Arundhati Reddy, Aparna Mandal

Players to watch

Hayley Matthews: 

The dashing all-rounder of Mumbai Indians won the player of the match award in her last game against Royal Challengers Bangalore. The right-handed opening batter muscled an unbeaten 77 off 38 and claimed 3/28 in four overs, bowling off-spin. She opened the bowling too.

Natalie Sciver-Brunt: 

The star English all-rounder made valuable contributions with both bat and ball for Mumbai Indians in the last match against Royal Challengers Bangalore. She blasted an undefeated 55 off 29 and accounted for one wicket. She stitched a 114-run partnership with Hayley Matthews and opened the bowling with her.

Jess Jonassen: 

The Australian all-rounder had a brilliant day at the office when Delhi Capitals took on UP Warriorz. Playing for the DC, the left-arm spinner picked up 3/43 in four overs. Early in the day, she hammered 42 not out off 20, including three fours and as many sixes. She bagged the player of the match award.

Also Read:  New Zealand's Sophie Devine and Suzie Bates bats for Women's IPL

Meg Lanning:

The captain of Delhi Capitals struck her second half-century in the WPL in as many games. First, it was the Royal Challengers Bangalore and then the UP Warriorz. The right-handed opening batter muscled 70 off 42. Her innings was laced with 10 boundaries and three sixes.

Pitch

It will be the fourth match of the tournament at this venue. The teams batting first have won two, and the teams batting second have won one. The surface looks good for batting and is expected to yield plenty of runs. There is very little in the pitch for the bowlers.

Weather

The weather is expected to be clear and warm. The maximum temperature attained during the match will be 30 degrees Celsius. There will be a zero percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Yastika Bhatia, Meg Lanning, Alice Capsey, Harmanpreet Kaur, Hayley Matthews, Natalie Sciver-Brunt, Amelia Kerr, Shafali Verma, Marizanne Kapp, Jess Jonassen, Saika Ishaque

Match details

Date: March 9, 2023

Time: 7.30 PM IST

Venue: DY Patil Cricket Stadium, Mumbai

Live streaming: Sports18 Network, Jio Cinema

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here