3rd ODI: England v India Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The third and the final ODI of the three-match series between England and India will be played on September 24 at Lord’s in London. The game will start at 3.30 PM IST.

3rd ODI: England v India Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

India has taken an unassailable lead of 2-0 in the series after beating England by 88 runs in the second ODI. Batting first, India posted a mammoth 333/5 in 50 overs, riding on captain Harmanpreet Kaur’s undefeated 143. On the other hand, all five bowlers picked up one wicket each for England. In reply, the hosts were bundled out for 245 in 44.2 overs. Renuka Singh Thakur scalped a four-fer, while for England, Danielle Wyatt top-scored with 65.

Head-to-Head

England and India have played 75 ODIs against each other, out of which England has won 40 and India has won 33. Two matches did not produce a result.

Squads

England: Danielle Wyatt, Sophia Dunkley, Alice Capsey, Amy Jones (Captain & WK), Maia Bouchier, Sophie Ecclestone (Vice-Captain), Kate Cross, Issy Wong, Lauren Bell, Tammy Beaumont, Alice Davidson-Richards, Charlotte Dean, Emma Lamb, Freya Davies, Freya Kemp

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (Captain), Smriti Mandhana (Vice-Captain), Shafali Verma, Sabbineni Meghana, Deepti Sharma, Taniyaa Sapna Bhatia (WK), Yastika Bhatia (WK), Pooja Vastrakar, Sneh Rana, Renuka Thakur, Meghna Singh, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Harleen Deol, Dayalan Hemalatha, Simran Dil Bahadur, Jhulan Goswami, Jemimah Rodrigues

Players to watch

Danielle Wyatt: 

The right-handed middle-order batter of England starred in the run chase scoring 65 off 58 in the second ODI against India. Her innings was studded with six boundaries. In the process, she stitched a couple of 50+ partnerships with Alice Capsey and Amy Jones.

Also Read:  Megan Schutt makes history with maiden ODI hat-trick

Charlotte Dean: 

The wily right-arm off-spinner of England picked up 39/1 in 10 overs in the second ODI against India. She was the most economical bowler for her team. She hit the right straps and bowled consistent lines and lengths to tame the free-flowing run flow of Indian batters. With the bat, she scored 37 off 44 lower down the order.

Harmanpreet Kaur: 

The Indian captain won the player of the match for her blistering 143 not out off 111 in the second ODI against England. Coming in at number four, she took the attack to the opposition and hit the English bowlers all around the park. The right-handed batter hammered 18 boundaries and four sixes in her blitzkrieg.

Renuka Singh Thakur: 

India’s right-arm speedster was the bowlers’ pick in the second ODI against England. She claimed 57/4 in her full quota of 10 overs. It was her second four-wicket haul in ODI cricket. She opened the bowling with Jhulan Goswami and bowled well with the new ball.

Pitch

The venue has hosted 16 women’s ODIs so far, out of which the teams batting first have won six and the teams batting second have won eight, with two matches not producing results. The average first innings score is 202, and the average second innings score is 154. The captain winning the toss may look to bowl first with a high chance of rain.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny with a couple of showers. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 16 degrees Celsius. There will be 44 percent cloud cover and an 84 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northeast.

Also Read:  Who is 17-Year-Old Freya Kemp who scored historic T20I Fifty?

Fantasy Playing XI

Yastika Bhatia, Smriti Mandhana, Harleen Deol, Danielle Wyatt, Harmanpreet Kaur, Deepti Sharma, Alice Capsey, Charlotte Dean, Sophie Ecclestone, Renuka Singh Thakur, Kate Cross

Match details

Date: September 24, 2022

Time: 3.30 PM IST

Venue: St. Lawrence Ground, Canterbury

Live streaming: Sony Sports Network, DD Sports

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here