England clinch T20I Series 2-1 beating India by 7 Wickets in 3rd T20I

England’s win at Chester-le-Street and India’s win at Derby set the 3-match T20I series up for a decider at Bristol which saw India again present England with a low total that the hosts comfortably chased down to bag the series 2-1.

England clinch T20I Series 2-1 beating India by 7 Wickets in 3rd T20I. PC: Twitter
England clinch T20I Series 2-1 beating India by 7 Wickets in 3rd T20I. PC: Twitter

1st innings : India – 122/8 (20)

India put in to bat first had Smriti Mandhana start well but on the other end, a misfiring Shafali Verma dismissed on 5(12). The next over saw Smriti Mandhana depart on 9(8) and within the powerplay overs, India lost a wicket more with 20 on board as Sabbhineni Meghana departed for a 9-ball duck. Dayalan Hemalatha’s poor run of form continued as she departed for a 2-ball duck this time around and just as Deepti Sharma and Harmanpreet Kaur looked to settle the chaos, Sarah Glenn got one through and Harmanpreet Kaur on 5(14) had to walk back with India 5 down for 35 at halfway stage. Sneh Rana’s stay came to a close on 8(15) and Richa Ghosh’s arrival got India back on track as she struck a few boundaries to start off. Deepti Sharma struggled with her timing and got the scorecard ticking with some good running before being dismissed on 24(25). Richa Ghosh then smashed a hat-trick of boundaries but soon was dismissed on 33(22). A late boundary from Radha Yadav and a couple from Pooja Vastrakar’s blade got India to finish on 122 with the two unbeaten on scores of 5(2) and 19(11) respectively.

England had Sophie Ecclestone with the wickets of Deepti Sharma, Sneh Rana and Richa Ghosh finish on figures of 4-0-25-3. Sarah Glenn with the wickets of Harmanpreet Kaur and Dayalan Hemalatha finished with figures of 3-0-11-2. Bryony Smith, Freya Davies and Issy Wong finished their outing with a wicket each.

Also Read:  1st T20I: England v India Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

2nd innings : England – 126/3 (18.3)

England in reply had Sophia Dunkley playing the aggressor’s role provide England with a good start and was well complemented by Danni Wyatt from the other end as the pair put on a 45-run opening stand in the powerplay overs. Danni Wyatt then got going but after some hard running, departed on 22(23) and with 71 on board in 10 overs England lost their first. In no time England lost a couple more as Sophia Dunkley on 49(44) chopped one onto her stumps and Amy Jones on 3(5) was deceived by Radha Yadav. Alice Capsey and Bryony Smith put on an intentful partnership that got England got home with back-to-back boundaries coming off Alice Capsey’s bat as she on 38(24) and Smith on 13(14) remained unbeaten to hand England a 7-wicket win.

India had Radha Yadav bowl a maiden and bag the wicket of Amy Jones in finishing on with figures of 4-1-14-1. Pooja Vastrakar and Sneh Rana bagged wickets of Sophia Dunkley and Danni Wyatt finishing on figures of 3-0-16-1 and 4-0-32-1 respectively. Renuka Singh and Deepti Sharma’s expensive outings saw them finish on figures of 4-0-33-0 and 3.2-0-30-0 respectively.

The clinical outing in the decider helped England clinch the 3-match T20I series 2-1 leaving India with many question marks ahead of the 3-match ODI series that gets underway in a few days’ time with the opener set at Hove on the 18th of September.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here