England’s T20I Squad for series against India announced, Katherine Brunt opts out

England’s home series against India kicks off on the 10th of September with the 1st of 3 T20I games on schedule which is followed by a 3-match One-day International (ODI) series and for the same series, England have named their strong 14-player T20I squad.

Katherine Brunt will miss out series against India. PC: Getty Images
Katherine Brunt will miss out series against India. PC: Getty Images

The English team continues to miss the services of their regular skipper, Heather Knight who’s ruled out of international cricket for the next few months as she remains on road to recovery from a hip injury. Another experienced face in Katherine Brunt is set to miss the series to prioritize her rest and recovery.

Being a bowler down in Katherine Brunt, England have roped in Lauren Bell who’s received her maiden T20I call-up after successful debuts from early this summer in Test match and ODI cricket.

England’s T20I squad for the India series :

Nat Sciver, Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Bryony Smith, Issy Wong, Danni Wyatt

Early in the summer, in the series against South Africa, Lauren Bell on her Test debut picked up a couple of wickets, and soon after in the same multi-format series during a couple of ODI games she featured in, got a wicket to her name. Lauren Bell in the recently concluded The Hundred finished as the 2nd highest wicket-taker with 11 to her name which improved her chances of a T20I debut.

Also Read:  Match 4: Northern Superchargers vs Birmingham Phoenix | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The squad after an unsuccessful campaign at the Commonwealth Games continues to be invested in and to an extent could be locked in as England’s core group eyeing a successful tournament at the upcoming T20 World Cup early next year in South Africa. Eyes will remain on the new coach coming in as well with the series against Lisa Keightley marking an end to her stint with the English team as the head coach.

Lisa Keightley finishing her tenure, said, “I’m excited about finishing my time with this team with a really exciting series against India. They’re a great side and we’ll have to be at our best to win. After discussions with Katherine, she felt the best thing for her was to rest across both the T20 and ODI series. We fully support that decision with a view to maximizing her mental and physical recovery off the back of what has been an intense year so far.

“That provides an opportunity for Lauren Bell, who was impressive in The Hundred, and with her, Alice Capsey, Freya Kemp, and Issy Wong in the squad we’re starting to see a group of exciting young players who have the chance to cement their place in the England team.”

All 6 games of the series are scheduled to be played at different venues. The T20I opener will be played at the Riverside in Durham on the 10th of September and the remaining couple of T20Is will be played on the 13th and 15th of September. The ODI games then kick off from the 18th and the final 3rd will be played on the 24th at the Lord’s cricket ground.

Also Read:  Smriti Mandhana's unbeaten 79 helped India level T20I series 1-1 against England

Tour schedule: India Women’s tour of England 2022

DATE GAME VENUE
10-Sep-23 1st T20I Riverside ground, Chester-le-street
13-Sep-22 2nd T20I County Ground, Derby
15-Sep-22 3rd T20I County Ground, Bristol
18-Sep-22 1st ODI County Ground, Hove
21-Sep-22 2nd ODI St Lawrence Ground, Canterbury
24-Sep-22 3rd ODI Lord’s, London
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here