Preview: 5th T20 – India Women vs West Indies Women, Squads, Head-to-Head, Dream-XI Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report

Preview: 5th T20 – India Women vs West Indies Women, Squads, Head-to-Head, Dream-XI Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report

Day and date: 21st November 2019

Match 5: India Women v West Indies Women

Time: 3:30 am IST

Venue: Providence Stadium, Guyana

India v West Indies 5th T20I
India v West Indies 5th T20I

Preview:

The last game between the two teams was a reduced one, of 9 overs per side due to rain. India’s women batted first putting up a target of 51 runs for West Indies to chase, losing 7 wickets. Hayley Matthews from her side was the star performer of the match, taking wickets of India’s top 3 batters – Shafali, Jemimah and Veda, all going in vain as the West Indian batters failed to chase the target and crumbled at 45 runs in 9 overs, losing 5 wickets. Hayley won the player of the match award for her 3-wicket haul.

The 5th T20I game will be the final one between these two teams. West Indies will try to not make this a clean sweep for India and have at least one win in their pocket. While their bowling has been decent, the batting unit needs to step up. India just has to continue the way they’ve been playing all through the series.

Weather and Pitch Report:

Temperature is expected to be between 26 to 28 degrees Celsius and 96% cloud cover is expected. There are chances of precipitation and rain may cause another reduced game.

The pitch again is expected to be a slow track and might further slow-down as the game moves ahead. This may prove to be advantageous to the team that bats first.

Also Read:  4 Indian female cricketers to participate in The Hundred 2021

Head to Head:

India have won all of the last 4 T20I games in a row against the West Indies and have the upper hand, as well as momentum.

Played – 4 India – 4 West Indies – 0

West Indies Squad: Stafanie Taylor (c), Anisa Mohammed (VC), Aaliyah Alleyne, Afy Fletcher, Shakera Selman, Hayley Matthews, Chedean Nation, Chinelle Henry, Stacey-Ann King, Kyshona Knight, Natasha McLean, Shabika Gajnabi, Shermaine Campbelle, Sheneta Grimmond

West Indies probable XI: Anisa Mohammed, Hayley Matthews, Natasha McLean, Chinelle Henry, Stacey-Ann King, Chedean Nation Shemaine Campbelle, Kyshona Knight, Shakera Selman, Afy Fletcher, Sheneta Grimmond.

India Squad: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Smriti Mandhana (VC), Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma, Harleen Deol, Deepti Sharma, Taniya Bhatia, Poonam Yadav, Radha Yadav, Veda Krishnamurthy, Anuja Patil, Shikha Pandey, Pooja Vastrakar, Mansi Joshi, and Arundhati Reddy.

India probable XI: Harmanpreet Kaur, Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Taniya Bhatia, Veda Krishnamurthy, Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Harleen Deol, Anuja Patil, Mansi Joshi, Radha Yadav.

Fantasy Players: Shafali Verma, Harleen Deol, Chinelle Henry, Stacey Ann-King, Hayley Matthews, Deepti Sharma, Shemaine Campbelle, Anuja Patil, Sheneta Grimmond, Afy Fletcher, Pooja Vastrakar.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here