Preview: 1st ODI – India Women vs Australia Women | Probable Fantasy 11, Squad, Weather

The first ODI of the three-match series will be played on September 21 at Harrup Park, Mackay. While Australia are riding high on confidence with a 24-match winning streak, India, on the other hand, have a dismal ODI performance behind their back. With Harmanpreet Kaur missing out due to a thumb injury, India’s middle order, which is already under some pressure, will have to fight tooth and nail to put up a good show against the mighty Aussies.

India Women's tour of Australia Schedule, Squad and Playing XI
India Women’s tour of Australia Schedule, Squad and Playing XI. PC: ESPN Cricinfo/Twitter

Squads

Australia: Alyssa Healy(w), Rachael Haynes, Meg Lanning(c), Ellyse Perry, Beth Mooney, Ashleigh Gardner, Nicola Carey, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham, Sophie Molineux, Tayla Vlaeminck, Darcie Brown, Tahlia McGrath, Georgia Redmayne, Maitlan Brown, Molly Strano, Hannah Darlington, Stella Campbell

India: Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Mithali Raj(c), Jemimah Rodrigues, Harmanpreet Kaur, Deepti Sharma, Taniya Bhatia(w), Pooja Vastrakar, Shikha Pandey, Jhulan Goswami, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Poonam Yadav, Ekta Bisht, Sneh Rana, Punam Raut, Richa Ghosh, Meghna Singh, Yastika Bhatia

Players to watch out for

Smriti Mandhana:

India’s opening bat enjoys playing against Australia which is evident from her batting statistics in the ODI format. In the seven matches that she has played against them, the southpaw has muscled 297 runs at a healthy average of 42.42. She has scored a century and three half-centuries in seven outings.

Jhulan Goswami:

India’s most experienced bowler will play her 30th match against Australia. In the 29 games that she has played so far against them, she has scalped 26 wickets. With the pitch expected to aid pace and bounce, the right arm seamer would look to capitalize on it.

Also Read:  Who are the Uncapped Indian Players on the Australian Tour for ODI, T20I and D/N Test?

Ellyse Perry:

The Australian all-rounder will look to contribute with both bat and ball. The right-hand bat and right arm speedster is a vital cog in the Australian line-up. She is the most experienced player in the team to have played against India. In the 17 matches that she has played against the Women in Blue, she has scored 415 runs and picked up 32 wickets.

Alyssa Healy:

The devastating opening bat has the ability to take the game away from the opposition single-handedly. Known for her aggression with the bat and safekeeping skills behind the stumps, she will be the X-factor player for the hosts.

Pitch

The wicket is expected to be a lively track. With a good grass cover, the pitch will be quick and bouncy. A good contest between bat and ball is expected. This will be the first time an international fixture will be played at the venue.

Weather

It will be a warm and sunny day, with a maximum temperature of 30 degrees Celsius.

Fantasy playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Beth Mooney, Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Rachael Haynes, Deepti Sharma, Ellyse Perry, Jhulan Goswami, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Sophie Molineux, Molly Strano

Match details

Date: September 21, 2021

Time: 5.35 am IST

Venue: Harrup Park, Mackay

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here