Danni Wyatt Completes 200 International Matches for England

The 30-year-old English veteran, Danielle Wyatt played her 200th international match for England yesterday in the form of the 2nd ODI between NZ and England.

Danielle Wyatt England Cricketer
Danielle Wyatt – England Cricketer

She has been known off-late for her batting prowess, with her being promoted to the top order in the T20Is in 2017. In the ODIs, though she has struggled to make her presence felt more often than not.

She made both her ODI and T20I debut for England in 2010 against India. Ever since she has represented her team in 78 ODIs and 122 T20Is. In her 200th international match yesterday, she was asked to come in at No.7, with England struggling at 118/6 in 27.3 overs.

She scored an unbeaten 63 off 72 balls, smashing 4 fours and 2 sixes while stitching a 51 run stand with No.10 Tash Farrant. Her unbeaten innings took England to 197, a total that was 40-50 runs below par.

As it turned out though, in a rain-hit game with New Zealand chasing 198 in 42 overs, England managed to defeat the visitors by 13 runs.

Danni Wyatt was named player of the match for her crucial knock.

Wyatt on her performance, said, “I had a lot of time out there and had to get my head down and bat for the team, I thought, ‘I’ve just got to knock it around, build partnerships and bat long’, which is what I talked about with batting coach Jon Lewis just before I went in so I’m really chuffed with how it went today.”

Also Read:  "Heartbroken! Dreamt of playing in the WPL," tweets Danielle Wyatt

England has now taken a 2-0 lead in the 5 match series.

The next match is scheduled to begin on 21st September 20, 2021, at Leicester.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here