Ellyse Perry to miss complete New Zealand tour due to hamstring injury

In a big blow to the Australian Women’s Cricket team, star all-rounder Ellyse Perry has been ruled out of the remainder of the 6-match T20I and ODI series against New Zealand. Perry had torn her right hamstring at the T20 World Cup earlier this year, which forced her to sit out for the finals and the first 2 T20Is against New Zealand.

Ellyse Perry. Pic Credits: Getty Images
Ellyse Perry. Pic Credits: Getty Images

Rather unfortunately, Perry has re-injured her hamstring while training for a return later in the New Zealand series. Australian Captain, Meg Lanning said, “Unfortunately she had some hamstring awareness and has got a low-grade strain, so she won’t be available for the rest of this series. It’s a very complex injury, and hard to get the timing on when certain things will happen.”

The Australian management was hoping for Perry’s rehabilitation to be completed and return to the field during the 3 ODI’s against the Kiwis. However, the former footballer for the Australian national team, Perry, will not be able to make her return in the resumption of trans-Tasman rivalry, but the Australian captain remains optimistic that her teammate will partake in the WBBL late-October.

Lanning said, “It’s really important to get it right and take the time before we do put her out on the field. Hopefully, it’s sooner rather than later, but we’ll just have to see how it pans out.”

Australia has taken a 2-0 lead in the T20I series and will look to continue its exceptional form in the last T20I and the 3-match ODI series succeeding it. Ellyse Perry will look to make a comeback late-October when she is scheduled to lead the Sydney Sixers in the upcoming Rebel Big Bash League.

Also Read:  3rd T20I: 19-Year-old Amelia Kerr help New Zealand break their losing streak against Aussies

Sanstab Das

Your average cricket enthusiast. Loves to write about what he loves to watch.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here