Shafali Verma becomes the youngest player to make 100 international appearances

The Swashbuckling Indian opening batter Shafali Verma becomes the youngest player to make 100 international appearances.

The Indian women’s team led by skipper Harmanpreet Kaur completed a dominating whitewash against Bangladesh in their own backyard with a comprehensive 21-run victory in the 5th T20I. The 20-year-old destructive Indian opening batter Shafali Verma achieved a unique milestone in the final match of the T20I series against Bangladesh.

Shafali Verma made her international debut as a young prodigy against South Africa on 24th September 2019. She became the youngest player to make her international debut for India just at the age of 15. She has represented India in all three formats (ODIs: 23 matches: 536 runs, T20Is: 73 matches: 1703 runs, and Tests: 4 matches: 338 runs). She has already established herself as one of the prominent performers at the top of the order for India.

The 20-year-old young Indian opening batter Shafali Verma became the youngest player [20 years and 102 days] to complete 100 International appearances at the International level in the 5th T20I.

The Caribbean trio of Shemaine Campbelle [21 years and 18 days], Deandra Dottin, [21 years and 200 days], and Stafanie Taylor [21 years and 298 days], all three of them managed to achieve it in the year 2013. Star New Zealand all-rounder Amelia Kerr [21 Years and 298 days] managed to achieve it in the year 2022.

Also Read:  Strike Rate has been a worry for us: Batting Coach S S Das after NZ loss
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here