Dominant India clean sweeps Bangladesh with 5-0 T20I series win

Radha Yadav and Asha Sobhana spin India to a comprehensive 21-run victory as women in blue complete a dominating whitewash against Bangladesh in the T20I series.

The Indian team went 4-0 up in the five-match T20I series with a comprehensive 56-run victory in the 4th T20I. Indian skipper Harmanpreet Kaur was awarded the Player of the Match for her vital contribution (39 off 26 balls) with the bat. It was also her landmark 300th International game for India.

The Indian skipper Harmanpreet Kaur won the toss and opted to bat first in the 5th T20I. India remained unchanged in the final game of the series. The home side, Bangladesh, on the other hand, made three changes to their side. Sobhana Mostary replaced Murshida Khatun, Sultana Khatun replaced Habiba Pinky, and Fariha Trisna replaced Marufa Akter in the playing 11.

The Indian openers Shafali Verma and Smriti Mandhana got off to a steady start, scoring at run-a-ball. Sultana Khatun picked up the wicket of Shafali Verma to provide the first breakthrough for Bangladesh. Dayalan Hemalatha joined Smriti Mandhana at the crease and the duo stitched a crucial 37-run partnership for the 2nd wicket before Nahida Akter picked up the wicket of Smriti Mandhana to provide the 2nd breakthrough for her side.

Skipper Harmanpreet Kaur joined Dayalan Hemalatha at the crease and the duo stitched another crucial 60-run partnership for the 3rd wicket before Nahida Akter came back and picked up the big wicket of the opposition skipper Harmanpreet Kaur to provide the 3rd breakthrough for Bangladesh. India eventually ended up with a total of 156/5 in their quota of overs. The 32-run 6th wicket partnership played a crucial role in helping India surpass the 150-run mark.

Also Read:  India's squad announced for 5 T20Is against Australia, Anjali Sarvani earns maiden Call-Up

Dayalan Hemalatha (37 off 28 balls), Smriti Mandhana (33 off 25 balls), skipper Harmanpreet Kaur (30 off 24 balls), and wicket-keeper batter Richa Ghosh (28 off 17 balls) were the top performers with the bat for India. Nahida Akter (4-0-27-2), Rabeya Khan (4-0-28-2), Sultana Khatun (3-0-26-1), and Shorna Akter (3-0-22-0) were the top performers with the ball for Bangladesh.

Chasing a target of 157, the Bangladesh openers Dilara Akter and Sobhana Mostary got off to a steady start. They lost both the openers inside the powerplay. Skipper Nigar Sultana Joty joined Rubya Haider at the crease and the duo stitched a much-needed 21-run partnership for the 3rd wicket before Radha Yadav came back and picked up the big wicket of the opposition skipper Nigar Sultana Joty to provide the 3rd breakthrough for India.

The home side lost a couple of wickets in quick succession and found themselves in deep trouble at 52/5 in the 10th over of the run chase. Shorifa Khatun joined Ritu Moni and the duo stitched a much-needed 57-run partnership for the 6th wicket before Asha Sobhana cleaned up Ritu Moni to provide a crucial 6th breakthrough for her side. After the departure of Ritu Moni, the home side failed to carry the momentum and as a result, were restricted to 135/6 in their quota of overs.

Ritu Moni (37 off 33 balls), Shorifa Khatun (28 off 21 balls), and Rubya Haider (20 off 21 balls) were the top performers with the bat for Bangladesh. Radha Yadav (4-0-24-3), Asha Sobhana (4-0-25-2), and Titas Sadhu (4-0-27-1) were the top performers with the ball for India. Radha Yadav was awarded the Player of the Match for her brilliant match-winning spell (4-0-24-3) with the ball.

Also Read:  4th T20I: Bangladesh vs India | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

She played a crucial role in helping her side complete a dominating whitewash in the five-match T20I series with a comprehensive 21-run victory in the 5th T20I. She was also awarded the Player of the Series for her brilliant performances with the ball throughout the series. She picked up 10 wickets at an average of 9.60 a strike rate of 11.40 and an impressive economy of 5.05 in five innings.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here