1st T20I: Bangladesh vs India | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

India’s tour of Bangladesh commences on the 28th of April, 2024, with the 1st of five Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is) scheduled for 3:30 PM Indian Standard Time at Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Bangladesh. In head-to-head encounters, India, with 14 wins out of 17 games, holds a dominant edge over the hosts. Notably, in their previous bilateral series, which took place nearly nine months ago, India secured a 2-1 series win.

1st T20I: Bangladesh vs India
1st T20I: Bangladesh vs India

Squads:

Bangladesh – Nigar Sultana Joty (C), Nahida Akter (VC), Murshida Khatun, Sobhana Mostary, Shorna Akter, Ritu Moni, Rabeya Khan, Sultana Khatun, Fahima Khatun, Marufa Akter, Fariha Islam Trisna, Shorifa Khatun, Dilara Akter, Rubya Haider Jhelik, Habiba Islam Pinky

India – Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Smriti Mandhana (VC), Shafali Verma, Dayalan Hemalatha, Sajana Sajeevan, Richa Ghosh (WK), Yastika Bhatia (WK), Radha Yadav, Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Amanjot Kaur, Shreyanka Patil, Saika Ishaque, Asha Sobhana, Renuka Singh Thakur, Titas Sadhu

Players to watch out:

Nigar Sultana Joty

The 26-year-old keeper-batter from 85 T20I innings, averaging 25.89, has amassed 1709 runs with the highest score of 113*. Nigar displayed fine form during the Australia series in April-May, registering scores of 63*, 1, and 32. The team will count on her to carry the momentum into this series.

Nahida Akter

The 24-year-old left-arm off-spinner has scalped 91 wickets from 77 T20I innings, at an economy rate of 5.65, and registered the best of 5/8, while also chipping in with the bat. Nahida’s previous couple of bowling figures, from the Australia series, read 2/21 and 3/31, and she can be relied upon for the goods.

Also Read:  Mumbai Indians becomes First team to Qualify for WPL 2023 Playoffs

Deepti Sharma

The 26-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 101 outings has bagged 113 wickets and accumulated 1015 runs from 74 innings. Deepti, in a recent T20 competition, scored 295 runs and took 10 wickets from 8 outings, and given the form of late, it’ll be expected that she leads from the front with all-round efforts.

Shreyanka Patil

The 21-year-old bowling all-rounder has played only a handful of T20Is, picking 8 wickets from 6 games. In a recent T20 competition, Shreyanka topped the charts with 13 wickets from 8 games, averaging 12.07 and maintaining an economy rate of 7.30. With the wicket favorable for spin, it’ll be hoped she leads the tally.

Pitch:

The 22 yards at Sylhet International Cricket Stadium heavily favor the spinners, creating ideal conditions for bowling, as evident from the average score in the 110s. However, batters with good tactical skills and shot selection can still score runs effectively.

Weather:

The conditions in Sylhet are expected to be pleasant during match hours, with sunny skies and a low chance of rain. The temperature is forecasted to hover in the early-30s (°C), with light winds and humidity of 85%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Richa Ghosh, Nigar Sultana Joty, Smriti Mandhana, Harmanpreet Kaur, Shafali Verma, Deepti Sharma, Fahima Khatun, Shreyanka Patil, Radha Yadav, Nahida Akter, Saika Ishaque

Match details:

Date – April 28, 2024

Time – 3:30 PM IST

Venue – Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Bangladesh

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on the FanCode app and website.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here