2nd T20I: Pakistan vs West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

The West Indies secured a thrilling one-run win off the final ball in the Twenty20 International (T20I) opener against hosts Pakistan, claiming an early lead in the 5-match series. The second T20I is scheduled to take place at National Bank Stadium, Karachi, on the 28th of April, 2024, at 8:00 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

National Bank Stadium, Karachi
National Bank Stadium, Karachi

Squads:

Pakistan – Nida Dar (C), Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Zafar, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Gull Feroza, Muneeba Ali (WK), Najiha Alvi (WK), Nashra Sundhu, Natalia Parvaiz, Rameen Shamim, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Tuba Hassan, Umm-e-Hani

West Indies – Hayley Matthews (C), Shemaine Campbelle (VC), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shamilia Connell, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Jannillea Glasgow, Chinelle Henry, Zaida James, Qiana Joseph, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams, Kate Wilmott

Players to watch out:

Nida Dar

The 37-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 135 outings has scalped 131 wickets and amassed 1866 runs from 126 innings, including respective bests of 5/21 and 75. While Nida has been in outstanding form this series, especially with the ball, it’ll be hoped she continues on her form while converting her batting starts.

Sadia Iqbal

The 24-year-old left-arm off-spinner, maintaining an economy rate of 5.50, has claimed 31 wickets from 29 T20I innings and registered the best of 3/19. Sadia has been in effective form this series, returning figures of 2/28, 1/36, and 2/23, including in the One-Day Internationals (ODIs), and will be banked upon to lead the tally.

Qiana Joseph

The 23-year-old all-rounder, in the few T20Is she’s played, hasn’t found much success. However, in the T20I opener of this series, she added 34 runs to the tally, while her bowling figures read 1/23 (4). Qiana has looked in good form in this series on the back of a notable domestic season and can be counted on for the goods.

Also Read:  Match 12: Barbados vs Windward Islands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Karishma Ramharack

The 29-year-old off-spinner, from 26 T20I appearances, has taken 22 wickets, including the best of 4/15, maintaining an economy rate of 6.43. On a wicket favorable for spinners, Karishma hasn’t failed to impress, producing figures of 0/33, 3/48, and 1/30 in the ODIs, and 4/15 in the T20I opener. She’ll be backed to capitalize on this form.

Pitch:

The National Bank Stadium offers a well-balanced center wicket that has been favorable to both batters and bowlers. The par score at the venue is in the 140s, and the wicket does have the spinners play a crucial role in any team’s success.

Weather:

The conditions are ideal for cricket in Karachi with no rain interruptions and a clear overhead. The temperature is forecasted to hover around 28°C, with moderate winds and a humidity level of 43%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Muneeba Ali, Stafanie Taylor, Sidra Amin, Aliya Riaz, Hayley Matthews, Nida Dar, Fatima Sana, Qiana Joseph, Sadia Iqbal, Karishma Ramharack, Tuba Hassan

Match details:

Date – April 28, 2024

Time – 8:00 PM IST

Venue – National Bank Stadium, Karachi

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on the FanCode app and website.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here