Rumeli Dhar’s half-century helps Bengal win over Karnataka in the Round I of Super League

Rumeli Dhar’s half-century helps Bengal win over Karnataka in the Round I of Super League – Senior Women’s T20 Trophy 2019

The first match of Round I Super League took place at Devineni Venkata Ramana Praneetha Ground, Mulapadu. Bengal fought it out with Karnataka in 40 overs of play. Karnataka won the toss and decided to field first. Rumeli Dhar’s half-century gave Bengal the impetus which helped their side win the match by quite a margin.

Rumeli Dhar
Rumeli Dhar. Pic Credits – @ICC / Twitter

Opener Mita Paul made 34 runs facing 44 deliveries. But exceptional innings came from Rumeli Dhar. The number 3 batter went on to score 52 runs in 41 balls. Richa Ghosh, Mandira Mahapatra, and Gayatri Mal made 13, 16 and 10 runs respectively. Bengal made 133 runs and lost 4 wickets in their 20 overs.

From Karnataka, Chandu M Venkateshappa scalped 2 wickets whereas Prathyusha Challuru bagged one.

Karnataka’s batting innings saw opener Vanitha Vellaswamy playing a 44-ball 41 knock. She was the top scorer of the side as well as the one who anchored the innings and dug on despite falling wickets at the opposite end. After 5 batters got dismissed cheaply, Prathyoosha K Kumar came to the crease and made 14 runs. Earlier, captain Veda Krishnamurthy was run-out on 9(11) by Mal. Karnataka were bowled out on 77 runs in the 18th over.

From Bengal’s bowling line-up, Gouher Sultana was exceptional. She obtained a 3-wicket haul taking 2 wickets in consecutive deliveries. Rumeli Dhar, Shrayosi Aich, Nisha Maji and Mita Paul shared 4 wickets between them.

Bengal: 133/4 in 20 overs

Karnataka: 77 all-out in 17.3 overs

Also Read:  Veda Krishnamurthy and Arjun Hoysala announced Engagement on Social Media

Result: Bengal won by 56 runs.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here