Baroda win over Maharashtra by 18 runs in the Round I of Super League

Baroda win over Maharashtra by 18 runs in the Round I of Super League – Senior Women’s T20 Trophy 2019

The round-robin stage of the Senior Women’s T20 Trophy is over. Now we proceed to the Super League stage where the top 2 teams of each group are split into 2 groups of 5 teams each.

Baroda State Women's Cricket Team
Baroda State Women’s Cricket Team

The second match of the Super League stage was conducted at the Chukkapalli Pitchaiah Cricket Ground, Mulapadu between Baroda and Maharashtra.

Baroda who chose to bat first, posted a decent total of 120 for Maharashtra to chase. The openers batted till the 12th over, stitching a partnership of 60 runs for the 1st wicket. Binaisha Surti made 36 runs in 38 balls while Palak Patel made 25 runs facing 41 deliveries. Captain Tarannum Pathan made 21 off 20 and Tanvir Sheikh made a quickfire 6-ball 18 to make Baroda’s total to 120 runs.

Total 6 wickets fell in the first innings with Maharashtra’s Aditi Gaikwad and Maya Sonawane taking 2 each. Utkarsha Pawar and Mukta Magre got one apiece.

Maharashtra didn’t have the best of starts with opener Anagha Deshpande 2(7) falling to Tanvir Shaikh’s bowling early in the chase. Shivali Shinde and captain Mukta Magre took the game deep. Shinde made 29 in 38 balls while Magre scored 32 in 39 balls. But after Shinde was dismissed, Magre ran out of partners as wickets kept falling at the other end. Maharashtra could only make 102 runs while losing 6 wickets.

From Baroda, captain Tarannum Pathan and Shalini Sharma got 2 wickets each. Tanvir Shaikh and Kesha Patel were the two other wicket-takers.

Also Read:  Nuzhat Parween's unbeaten 74 powers Railways in scoring a win over Jharkhand - Round I of Super League

Baroda: 120/6 in 20 overs

Maharashtra: 102/6 in 20 overs

Result: Baroda win by 18 runs.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here