Match 13: Anuja Patil’s all-round performance ensures 3rd Place for Ameya Sports

The third place play-off of the T20 India Nippon Cup was played between Sheen Sports and Ameya Sports at Samprasiddhi Sports Estadio, Bangalore, on January 12, in the morning.

Anuja Patil
Anuja Patil – India Cricketer

Rakshitha Krishnappa, captain of Sheen Sports, won the toss and elected to bat first. Opening bat Jemimah Rodrigues was the star performer with the bat as she scored a blistering 62 off 47 balls, smashing a dozen boundaries. Though Rodrigues was losing partners at regular intervals, the Mumbai batter ensured that she guided her team to a respectable total. Apart from Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma (16) and Vrinda Dinesh (22 not out) made some useful contributions. Sheen Sports put up 123-5 in 20 overs. Maharashtra off-spinner Anuja Patil was the pick of the bowlers for Ameya Sports as she scalped 3-15 in her four overs.

In reply, Ameya Sports chased down the target in 18.5 overs, winning the match by seven wickets. The opening pair of Thirush Kamini (39) and Veda Krishnamurthy (44) laid a solid foundation by stitching a 79 run partnership in 12.4 overs. The duo kept Sheen Sports’ bowlers at bay. They smashed a total of 12 boundaries and six between themselves. After the fall of Kamini, Mona Meshram (13) joined hands with Krishnamurthy. Coming in at number four, Anuja Patil packed a punch with a quickfire 26 off 15. Patil’s innings was laced with four boundaries. Sheen Sports’ bowlers had an ordinary day at office as they were unable to defend the target. Only three wickets fell in the innings. Among the wickets were Deepti Sharma, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, and Ellutla Padmaja. The trio struck with one wicket apiece.

Also Read:  England pip India by four wickets to clinch the T20I series 2-0

Ameya Sports’ Anuja Patil won the Player of the Match award for her match-winning all-round performance. Anuja scalped 3-15 in her four overs and scored an unbeaten 26 (15).

With this win, Ameya Sports led by Veda Krishnamurthy secured third place in the T20 India Nippon Cup.

Brief Scores: Sheen Sports 123-5 in 20 overs (J Rodrigues 67, V Dinesh 22 not out; A Patil 3-15) lost to Ameya Sports 126-3 in 18.5 overs (V Krishnamurthy 44, T Kamini 39; D Sharma 1-18, R Gayakwad 1-31, E Padmaja 1-16) by 7 wickets

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here