India’s squad announced for 5 T20Is against Australia, Anjali Sarvani earns maiden Call-Up

The All-India Women’s Selection Committee announced 15 members India’s squad to be led by Harmanpreet Kaur for the upcoming series against Australia. The 5 T20I matches will be played from 9th December to 20th December and will be an important criterion for the selection of the squad for the upcoming Women’s T20 World Cup 2023 in South Africa.

Anjali Sarvani. Pic Credits: Supplied
Female Cricket interviews Anjali Sarvani. Pic Credits: Supplied

India’s squad for T20I series against Australia: Harmanpreet Kaur (Captain), Smriti Mandhana (vice-captain), Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia (wicket-keeper), Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma, Radha Yadav, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Renuka Singh Thakur, Meghna Singh, Anjali Sarvani, Devika Vaidya, S Meghana, Richa Ghosh (wicket-keeper), Harleen Deol

Net bowlers – Monika Patel, Arundhati Reddy, SB Pokharkar, Simran Bahadur

Note: Pooja Vastrakar is ruled out owing to an injury and was not considered for selection.

Last Week, Australia Women’s Squad was announced that saw Alyssa Healy take up the captaincy role and Tahlia Mcgrath take up the Vice-Captaincy role in absence of Meg Lanning.

Senior Women – Mastercard Australia Tour of India, 2022
Sr. No. Day Date Match Venue
1 Friday 9th December 1st T20I D.Y. Patil Stadium
2 Sunday 11th December 2nd T20I D.Y. Patil Stadium
3 Wednesday 14th December 3rd T20I CCI
4 Saturday 17th December 4th T20I CCI
5 Tuesday 20th December 5th T20I CCI

Key Updates for the Squad Selection

• Pooja Vastrakar was injured and was unavailable
• Hemalatha, Navgire, Sneh Rana not considered
• Anjali Sarvani gets a maiden call-up
• Devika Vaidya, Yastika Bhatia, Harleen Deol return to T20I setup
• Net Bowlers: Monika Patel, Arundhati R, SB Pokharkar, Simran

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  "It’s such a cool place to play cricket," Annabel Sutherland on playing in packed stadium

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket