Match 2: Deepti Sharma’s excellent all-round show helped Sheen Sports defeat Kini RR Sports

The second match of the T20 India Nippon Cup was played between Sheen Sports and Kini RR Sports at Samprasiddhi Sports Estadio, Bangalore.

Challuru Prathyusha, captain of Kini RR Sports, won the toss and elected to field first. Putting in to bat, Sheen Sports managed to put up a respectable total of 135-4 in the full quota of 20 overs. Leading from the front, Sheen Sports’ opening bat Jemimah Rodrigues packed a punch with a 41-ball 51. Her innings was embellished with five boundaries and a couple of sixes. Coming in at no. 4, Deepti Sharma played a useful knock of 45 (36) to take her side above the 130-run mark. Sharma hit six boundaries and a six. Among the wickets were Arundhati Reddy (2) and skipper Challuru Prathyusha (1). Sheen Sports’ skipper Rakshitha Krishnappa was unfortunately run out.

Deepti Sharma awarded Player of the Match
Deepti Sharma awarded Player of the Match in Match 2 of India Nippon Cup.

In reply, Kini RR Sports did not get off to the best of starts as the team lost its opening bat Vellaswamy Vanitha (0) cheaply in the very first over. Sheen Sports’ right arm quick Niranjana Nagarajan wrecked havoc with her opening spell as she sent Vanitha and Shishira Gowda (1) back into the hut in her first two overs. Roshni Khan (14) and Punam Raut (16) got off to starts but failed to capitalize as Simren Henry got rid of the duo. Wicket-keeper bat Nuzhat Parween looked solid during her run-a-ball 31. Parween hit three boundaries and a six. But that wasn’t enough as none of the batters looked to bat through. Sowmya Gowda fought tooth and nail as she scored a blistering 20 off 9, but it was too late in the day. In the end, Kini RR Sports was reduced to 113-9 in 20 overs, falling short of 22 runs. Apart from Nagarajan and Henry, Deepti Sharma was the other stand out bowler. The off spinner bowled well with the new ball and gave away just six runs in her four overs, picking up one wicket. She bowled the only maiden over of the match.

Also Read:  India Women tour of Sri Lanka 2018 : Which team will dominate the series?

Both the teams will play their next match tomorrow at the same venue. Sheen Sports will play against Ameya Sports, while Kini RR Sports will lock horns against Heron Sports.

Brief Scores:

Sheen Sports 135-4 in 20 overs (J Rodrigues 51, D Sharma 45 not out; A Reddy 2-27)
defeated
Kini RR Sports 113-9 in 20 overs (N Parween 31, S Gowda 20 not out; N Nagarajan 2-22, S Henry 2-9) by 22 runs

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here