Amy Jones handed over Vice-Captaincy Role for series against West Indies

The West Indies team after a home 8-match white-ball series against New Zealand are now again scheduled to play yet another 8-match white-ball series and this time around against the English. The series gets underway on the 4th of December with the 1st of a 3-match One-Day International (ODI) series and concludes with the 5th and final Twenty20 International (T20I) on December 22, 2022.

Heather Knight. PC: Getty Images
Heather Knight. PC: Getty Images

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) late last month in November announced their squad for their upcoming tour of the Caribbean, but didn’t name the sides’ captain and her deputy for the bilateral series.

Ahead of the series, regular skipper, Heather Knight is back after recovering from surgery on her hip and in expected lines will continue to lead her side. Nat Sciver too will mark her return with the tour after having opted out of the last leg of this summer to prioritise her mental being and on return, has opted against serving as a deputy to ease her workload.

In the absences of Heather Knight and Nat Sciver, Keeper-batter, Amy Jones took over as the sides’ stand-in skipper and under her captaincy, the English went on to win the 3-match T20I series, 2-1, but suffered an ODI series whitewash against India in the 2nd leg of the 3-match ODI series.

Reportedly, Amy Jones’ has been appointed as Heather Knight’s deputy for the series and it’s understood that the appointment of Amy Jones is not a permanent one. The Cricketer got in conversation with the England women’s team, director of cricket, Jonathan Finch and he insisted on Sciver taking such roles again remains “a possibility”.

Also Read:  Match 47: Sydney Thunder v Melbourne Renegades | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Quoting Jonathan Finch, “Our main thing with any player is to ensure that when they’re in the England environment, they’re comfortable and they enjoy doing what they do. If Nat is keen to go back into a leadership position after West Indies, we will ensure that we can make that happen. But it has to be right for her.

“We back her 100 per cent in doing that; she’s very well respected in the group, but we don’t rush people coming back in, and we’re not going to take things off the table because that would be disrespectful to her. But that is a possibility, for sure.”

England’s ODI squad for the West Indies series :

Heather Knight, Tammy Beaumont, Lauren Bell, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Alice Davidson-Richards, Freya Davies, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Emma Lamb, Nat Sciver, Danni Wyatt

England’s T20I squad for the West Indies series :

Heather Knight, Lauren Bell, Katherine Brunt, Alice Capsey, Freya Davies, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Nat Sciver, Lauren Winfield-Hill, Issy Wong, Danni Wyatt

England Women’s tour of West Indies 2022

DATE EVENT TIME (GMT) VENUE
04-Dec-2022 1st ODI 6:00 PM
Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua
06-Dec-2022 2nd ODI 6:00 PM
09-Dec-2022 3rd ODI 6:00 PM
11-Dec-2022 1st T20I 10:00 PM Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua
14-Dec-2022 2nd T20I 10:00 PM
Kensington Oval, Barbados
17-Dec-2022 3rd T20I 10:00 PM
18-Dec-2022 4th T20I 10:00 PM
22-Dec-2022 5th T20I 10:00 PM
(Quote sourced from The Cricketer)

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Preview : 1st T20I - England vs New Zealand | Squad, Players to Watch, Fantasy 11, Weather Condition
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here