Match 5 – Zimbabwe vs Namibia Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

The fifth match of the Namibia – Uganda – Zimbabwe tri-nation T20I series will be played between Zimbabwe and Namibia at Windhoek in Namibia on April 23.

Match 5 – Zimbabwe vs Namibia Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Match preview: Zimbabwe v Namibia

Head to Head

Zimbabwe and Namibia have played six T20Is against each other. Zimbabwe have won five, while Namibia have won one.

Squads

Zimbabwe: Mary-Anne Musonda (c), Francisca Chipare, Nyasha Gwanzura, Sharne Mayers, Precious Marange, Mitchell Mavunga, Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano, Pellagia Mujaji, Modester Mupachikwa, Anesu Mushangwe, Kelis Ndlovu, Ashley Ndiraya, Josephine Nkomo, Loryn Phiri, Nomvelo Sibanda

Namibia: Irene van Zyl (c), Jurriene Diergaardt, Dietlind Foerster, Kayleen Green, Mezerly Gorases, Victoria Hamunyela, Yasmeen Khan (wk), Mekelaye Mwatile, Wilka Mwatile, Sylvia Shihepo, Namusha Shiomwenyo, Adri van der Merwe, Edelle van Zyl, Sune Wittmann

Players to watch out for

Josephine Nkomo: 

This all-rounder from Zimbabwe won the player of the match in her last outing against Uganda. With the bat, she scored an unbeaten 43 off 28 balls and with the ball she picked up 2-16 in four overs.

Sharne Mayers: 

The right handed middle order batter from Zimbabwe made a useful contribution of 36 from 38 balls in her last match against Uganda. She hit three boundaries and a six during her innings.

Jurriene Diergaardt: 

She is a right handed opening batter of Namibia who won the player of the match in her last outing against Uganda. She scored 36 runs off 34 balls, including four boundaries. She provided a solid base to Namibia batting first.

Sune Wittmann: 

She is a right-arm seamer from Namibia, who was the pick of the bowlers in her last match against Uganda. She scalped 2-19 in four overs. She bowled disciplined lines and lengths to trouble the batters.

Also Read:  Match 2 – Namibia vs Uganda Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Pitch

The last match that was played at this venue saw more than 225 runs being scored. Batting first was relatively easy than batting second. As the tournament is progressing, the wicket is getting slower making it difficult for the batters to play their shots. On the other hand, the spinners will enjoy bowling at this venue.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny. The average temperature will be around 16 degrees Celsius. There is almost no cloud cover and no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east-southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Modester Mupachikwa, Adri van der Merwe, Chipo Mugeri, Sharne Mayers, Jurriene Diergaardt, Josephine Nkomo, Precious Marange, Sune Wittmann, Francesca Chipare, Nomvelo Sibanda, Wilka Mwatile

Match Details

Date: April 23, 2022

Time: 1pm IST

Venue: Windhoek, Namibia

Live Streaming: Cricket Namibia Facebook page. 

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here