Match 3 – Zimbabwe vs Uganda Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

The third match of the Capricorn tri-nation T20I series will be played between Zimbabwe and Uganda at Windhoek in Namibia on April 21.

Match preview: Zimbabwe vs Uganda

Head to Head

Zimbabwe and Uganda have played four T20Is against each other. Zimbabwe have won all their matches.

Match 3 – Zimbabwe vs Uganda Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Squads

Zimbabwe: Mary-Anne Musonda (c), Francisca Chipare, Nyasha Gwanzura, Sharne Mayers, Precious Marange, Mitchell Mavunga, Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano, Pellagia Mujaji, Modester Mupachikwa, Anesu Mushangwe, Kelis Ndlovu, Ashley Ndiraya, Josephine Nkomo, Loryn Phiri, Nomvelo Sibanda

Uganda: Concy Aweko (c), Janet Mbabazi (vc), Sarah Akiteng, Evelyn Anyipo, Kevin Awino, Leona Babirye, Naome Bagenda, Susan Kakai, Phiona Kulume, Patricia Malemikia, Jimia Mohammed, Rita Musamali, Rita Nyagendo, Shakirah Sadick 

Players to watch out for

Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano: 

This left-handed opening batter of Zimbabwe top-scored with a brilliant 80 off 59 balls against Namibia in the tri-nation T20I series opener. The southpaw smashed 10 boundaries and two sixes to help her team post a respectable score of 3-130 in 20 overs.

Michelle Mavunga: 

This right arm speedster from Zimbabwe was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 2-10 in four overs. She was not only the most successful bowler but also the most economical bowler for Zimbabwe against Namibia. She has lethal yorkers in her armoury.

Evelyn Anyipo:

This right arm speedster from Uganda was the pick of the bowlers in her last match against Namibia. She opened the bowling and scalped 3-18 in four overs, including one maiden. She picked up all the three wickets in the same over. She bowled well with the new ball inside the powerplay.

Also Read:  Preview: 2nd ODI – Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe Women | Squad | Players to watch | Pitch | Live Streaming

Kevin Awino: 

This right-handed opening batter and wicket-keeper top scored with 23 runs off 43 balls for Uganda against Namibia in the last match. She provided a steady start however she kept losing partners at regular intervals.

Pitch

The last match that was played at this venue turned out to be a low-scoring affair. Less than 200 runs were scored in the match. Fast bowlers enjoyed bowling at the venue. Batters will have to spend time in the middle to get runs.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny and pleasant. The average temperature will be around 27 degrees Celsius in the afternoon and it will cool as evening sets in. There will be a cloud cover of 27 percent in the afternoon and two percent in the evening with no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south-east in the afternoon and from the east in the evening.

Fantasy Playing XI

Kevin Awino, Modester Mupachikwa, Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano, Mary-Anne Musonda, Rita Musamali, Sarah Akiteng, Janet Mbabazi, Precious Marange, Evelyn Anyipo, Michelle Mavunga, Nomvelo Sibanda

Match Details

Date: April 21, 2022
Time: 6pm IST
Venue: Windhoek, Namibia
Live Streaming: Cricket Namibia Facebook page. 

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 9 – Namibia vs Uganda Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here