Match 9 – Namibia vs Uganda Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

The ninth match of the Capricorn Women’s Tri-Series 2022 will be played between Namibia and Uganda at Windhoek in Namibia on April 25.

Match preview: Namibia v Uganda

Namibia Women's Cricket Team. PC: Twitter
Namibia Women’s Cricket Team Players. PC: Twitter

Head to Head

Namibia and Uganda have played four T20Is against each other. Namibia have won all the matches.

Squads

Namibia: Irene van Zyl (c), Jurriene Diergaardt, Dietlind Foerster, Kayleen Green, Mezerly Gorases, Victoria Hamunyela, Yasmeen Khan (wk), Mekelaye Mwatile, Wilka Mwatile, Sylvia Shihepo, Namusha Shiomwenyo, Adri van der Merwe, Edelle van Zyl, Sune Wittmann 

Uganda: Concy Aweko (c), Janet Mbabazi (vc), Sarah Akiteng, Evelyn Anyipo, Kevin Awino, Leona Babirye, Naome Bagenda, Susan Kakai, Phiona Kulume, Patricia Malemikia, Jimia Mohammed, Rita Musamali, Rita Nyagendo, Shakirah Sadick

Players to watch out for

Jurriene Diergaardt: 

This right handed batter from Namibia is the leading run getter for her team in the ongoing tri-nation series. She is the second highest overall with 135 runs in five matches, including one half century. 

Janet Mbabazi:

She is the joint leading wicket taker in the tournament with 10 wickets in four innings, including the best of 4-12. The Namibian averages 7.8 and has an economy rate of under six runs per over. She has bagged a couple of four wicket hauls in this series.

Concy Aweko:

This right arm off spinner from Uganda has 10 wickets in five innings which is the joint highest in the tournament. She bowls at an economy rate of under five runs per over and averages 8.6. Her best bowling figures in this series so far are 3-10.

Also Read:  Uganda Women's team tour of Nepal 2022 | Squad, Schedule

Phiona Kulume:

She is a right handed middle order batter of Uganda who top scored in her last match against Zimbabwe. She can control the innings well as she has a sound batting technique. Apart from her batting she can roll her arm over to bowl right arm gentle medium pace. She has picked up a six wicket haul in this tournament.

Pitch

The last match saw close to 250 runs being scored. Batting seemed to be easy in the first innings however in the second innings the batters had a tough time. On the other hand, the bowlers will find some purchase from the wicket as the venue has undergone a lot of wear and tear through the course of this tournament.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny and pleasant in the afternoon and clear in the evening. The average temperature will drop from 26 degrees Celsius in the afternoon to 17 degrees Celsius in the evening. There will be 38 percent cloud cover in the afternoon and three percent cloud cover in the evening. There is no chance of rain either. The wind will blow from the east-southeast in the afternoon and south-southeast in the evening.

Fantasy Playing XI

Kayleen Green, Jurriene Diergaardt, Sylvia Shihepo, Naome Bagenda, Janet Mbabazi, Sune Wittmann, Irene van Zyl, Phiona Kulume, Concy Aweko, Patricia Malemikia, Wilka Mwatile

Match Details

Date: April 25, 2022

Time: 6pm IST

Venue: Windhoek, Namibia

Live Streaming: Cricket Namibia Facebook page

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 20 : Nigeria vs Uganda | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here