Capricorn Women’s Tri-Series 2022: Uganda, Zimbabwe Women tour of Namibia

A women’s T20I tri-nation series called Capricorn Women’s Tri-Series 2022 will be played between April 20 and April 26. Namibia will host their first-ever tri-series as they will invite Uganda and Zimbabwe for the same. The T20I tournament will be played in a three stage round robin format and the top two teams will feature in the finals. Each team will play the other three times in this three stage round robin format.

Uganda Women's Cricket Team in Namibia for Capricorn Women's T20 Series 2022. PC: Twitter
Uganda Women’s Cricket Team in Namibia for Capricorn Women’s T20 Series 2022. PC: Twitter

The matches will be played on all days between April 20 and April 26, except April 22. While two matches will be played on each of the days, including April 20, April 21, April 23 and April 24, only one match will be played on April 25 and the grand finale will be held on April 26. All the matches will be played in the capital city of Windhoek and will be broadcasted on Cricket Namibia Facebook page.

This tri-series is going to be a big event for all the three teams as their aim would be to improve their ICC T20I rankings, keeping in mind the larger picture, which is nothing but the ICC Women’s World T20 2023 that will be played in South Africa.

Schedule for Capricorn Womens Tri-Series 2022

April 20: Namibia v Zimbabwe (6.00 pm IST)

April 21: Namibia v Uganda (1.00pm IST)

April 21: Zimbabwe v Uganda (6.00 pm IST)

April 22: Uganda v Zimbabwe (6.00pm IST)

April 23: Namibia v Zimbabwe (1.00 pm IST)

April 23: Namibia v Uganda (6.00pm IST)

April 24: Uganda v Zimbabwe (1.00 pm IST)

Also Read:  Match 12: Namibia vs Uganda | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

April 24: Namibia v Zimbabwe (6.00pm IST)

April 25: Namibia v Uganda (6.00pm IST)

April 26: TBD v TBD (6.00pm IST)

Squads – Capricorn Womens Tri-Series 2022:

Namibia: Irene van Zyl (c), Jurriene Diergaardt, Dietlind Foerster, Kayleen Green, Mezerly Gorases, Victoria Hamunyela, Yasmeen Khan (wk), Mekelaye Mwatile, Wilka Mwatile, Sylvia Shihepo, Namusha Shiomwenyo, Adri van der Merwe, Edelle van Zyl, Sune Wittmann

Uganda: Concy Aweko (c), Janet Mbabazi (vc), Sarah Akiteng, Evelyn Anyipo, Kevin Awino, Leona Babirye, Naome Bagenda, Susan Kakai, Phiona Kulume, Patricia Malemikia, Jimia Mohammed, Rita Musamali, Rita Nyagendo, Shakirah Sadick

Zimbabwe: Mary-Anne Musonda (c), Francisca Chipare, Nyasha Gwanzura, Sharne Mayers, Precious Marange, Mitchell Mavunga, Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano, Pellagia Mujaji, Modester Mupachikwa, Anesu Mushangwe, Kelis Ndlovu, Ashley Ndiraya, Josephine Nkomo, Loryn Phiri, Nomvelo Sibanda

International performance of the 3 Participating Nations

Namibia Women’s Cricket Team

Namibia Women's Cricket Team Picture. PC: Twitter
Female Cricket interviews Yasmeen Khan. PC: Supplied

The team has played 37 T20Is since its first in 2018. Out of the 37 T20Is, Namibia have won 24 and lost 13. In the tri-series they will be taking on Uganda and Zimbabwe. While Namibia have won both their matches against Uganda, they have lost all their seven matches against Zimbabwe. Namibia played their last T20I against Zimbabwe on September 19, 2021, which they lost.

Uganda Women’s Cricket Team

Uganda Women's Cricket Team in Namibia for Capricorn Women's T20 Series 2022. PC: Twitter
Uganda Women’s Cricket Team in Namibia for Capricorn Women’s T20 Series 2022. PC: Twitter

The team has played 25 T20Is since its first in 2018. Out of the 25 T20Is, Uganda have won 13 and lost 12. In the tri-series they will be taking on Namibia and Zimbabwe. They have a bad record against both the teams as they have lost both their matches to Namibia and suffered a defeat in all four matches that they have played against Zimbabwe. Uganda played their last T20I against Tanzania on September 19, 2021, which they lost.

Also Read:  Summary: Match 10 - Sterre Kallis and Iris Zwilling help Netherlands beat Namibia by 6 wickets

Zimbabwe Women’s Cricket Team

Detailed Analysis of Zimbabwe Cricket Team for ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier 2021
Detailed Analysis of Zimbabwe Cricket Team for ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier 2021

The team has played 24 T20Is since its first in 2019. Out of the 24 T20Is, Zimbabwe have won 22 and lost just the two. In the tri-series they will be taking on Uganda and Namibia. Zimbabwe have enjoyed 100 percent success against both the teams as they have won all the four matches against Uganda and all the seven matches against Namibia. Zimbabwe played their last T20I against Namibia on September 19, 2021, which they won.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here