Match 11: South Africa v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The 11th women’s T20I in the 2022 Commonwealth Games will be played between South Africa and Sri Lanka on August 4 at Edgbaston in Birmingham. The match will start at 3.30 PM IST.

Match 11: South Africa v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads

South Africa: Suné Luus (c), Chloé Tryon, Anneke Bosch, Tazmin Brits, Nadine de Klerk, Mignon du Preez, Lara Goodall, Shabnim Ismail, Sinalo Jafta, Ayabonga Khaka, Masabata Klaas, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Delmi Tucker, Laura Wolvaardt

Sri Lanka: Chamari Athapaththu (c), Hasini Perera, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Vishmi Gunaratne, Malsha Shehani, Nilakshi de Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Ama Kanchana, Achini Kulasuriya, Inoka Ranaweera, Udeshika Prabodhani, Sugandika Kumari, Rashmi de Silva, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Anushka Sanjeewani 

Last 5 performances

While South Africa have lost all their last five matches, Sri Lanka, on the other hand, have won one and lost four.

Head-to-Head

South Africa and Sri Lanka have played 12 T20Is against each other, out of which South Africa have won nine and Sri Lanka have won three.

Players to watch

Laura Wolvaardt: 

The right-handed middle order batter of South Africa top scored with an unbeaten 41 in her last match against England. She led the run chase from the front and almost saw her team through. However, South Africa fell shy of 26 runs in the end chasing 168.

Shabnim Ismail: 

The right arm pace sensation of South Africa was the most successful bowler in the team in her last outing against England. She scalped 27/2 in four overs. She opened the bowling with Nonkululeko Mlaba and struck in her very first over.

Also Read:  Oval Invincibles Women have confirmed Playoffs Seat

Tazmin Brits: 

The right-handed opening batter of South Africa provided a steady start to her team in her last appearance against England. She muscled 38 runs off 37 balls and in the process stitched a 64-run partnership with her opening partner Anneke Bosch.

Chamari Athapaththu:

The captain of Sri Lanka has not been in the best of forms in this tournament so far. The left-handed opening batter will be expected to shoulder the batting responsibility of her team. Apart from her batting, she is known to be more than a handy right arm off spinning option.

Inoka Ranaweera: 

The wily left arm spinner from Sri Lanka has been the most successful bowler for her team in this competition. She has picked up six wickets in two matches. She has conceded 59 runs in eight overs that she has bowled across the two matches.

Nilakshi de Silva: 

She is an experienced right-handed top order batter of Sri Lanka. With 61 runs in her two outings, she has been the leading run getter for the island nation in this tournament. She has a healthy strike rate of 97.

Pitch

The venue looks good for batting. Expect a run feast if the batters on either side get going. On the other hand, spinners will play a key role. With 10 matches being played on the same wicket, the slower bowlers could extract something out of the pitch.

Weather

The weather is expected to see intervals of clouds and sun. The maximum temperature forecast is 20 degrees Celsius. There will be 70 percent cloud cover and just two percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-west.

Also Read:  Match 6: Australia v Barbados Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Fantasy Playing XI

Tazmin Brits, Anushka Sanjeewani, Laura Wolvaardt, Nilakshi de Silva, Sune Luus, Chloe Tryon, Anneke Bosch, Chamari Athapaththu, Inoka Ranaweera, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Shabnim Ismail

Upcoming Milestones

• Oshadi Ranasinghe will play her 50th T20I. She will be the 10th Sri Lankan to do so.
  • Oshadi Ranasinghe is 5 wickets away from completing 50 T20I wickets. She will become the 4th Sri Lankan to reach the milestone.
  •  Sune Luus is 2 wickets away from completing 50 WT20I wickets. She will become the 4th South African to achieve the feat. She is also 69 runs away from competing 1000 T20I runs to become the 6th South African to do so.

Match details

Date: August 4, 2022

Time: 3.30PM IST

Venue: Edgbaston, Birmingham

Live streaming: Sony LIV, Sony TEN

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here