Match 12: England v New Zealand Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The 12th women’s T20I in the 2022 Commonwealth Games will be played between England and New Zealand on August 4 at Edgbaston in Birmingham. The match will start at 10.30 PM IST.

Match 12: England v New Zealand Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads

England: Heather Knight (c), Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Nat Sciver, Bryony Smith, Issy Wong, Danni Wyatt

New Zealand: Sophie Devine (c), Suzie Bates, Eden Carson, Izzy Gaze, Claudia Green, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Hayley Jensen, Fran Jonas, Amelia Kerr, Rosemary Mair, Jess McFadyen, Georgia Plimmer, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

Last 5 performances

While England have won all their last five matches, New Zealand, on the other hand, have won four and lost one.

Head-to-Head

England and New Zealand have played 28 T20Is against each other, out of which England have won 22 and New Zealand have won six. 

Players to watch

Alice Capsey: 

The right-handed top order batter of England has looked in phenomenal touch in this competition so far. She has scored 94 runs, including one half-century and is the leading run getter for her side.

Sophie Ecclestone: 

The world number one T20I bowler has claimed four wickets in two matches in this competition. She has bowled at an economy rate of under six runs per over. She is a good new ball bowler as well as has the ability to bowl in the death overs.

Natalie Sciver: 

In the absence of regular captain Heather Knight, she has shouldered the leadership responsibility of England quite well in this tournament. Apart from her good captainship skills, she is one of the best all-rounders in the side. She is a right-handed middle order batter and a right arm medium pace bowler.

Also Read:  Preview: 18th Match-Sydney Sixers v/s Melbourne Renegades, Squads, Head-to-Head, Dream-XI Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch & Injury Report.

Sophie Devine: 

The captain of New Zealand has made useful contributions with both bat and ball in the two matches that she has played so far in this competition. The right-handed opening batter has muscled 72 runs and accounted for three wickets, bowling right arm medium pace.

Suzie Bates: 

The right-handed opening batter of New Zealand crosses 3500 T20I runs and is the highest run scorer in this tournament so far. She has smashed 125 runs, including the best of 91 not out. She has a healthy strike rate of 130.

Amelia Kerr: 

She is a right-handed top order batter and a right arm leg spinner of New Zealand. Though she has not yet had a standout performance in the two matches that she has played so far, she is a class act and one of the key players for the White Ferns.

Pitch

The venue looks good for batting. Expect a run feast if the batters on either side get going. On the other hand, spinners will play a key role. With 11 matches being played on the same wicket, the slower bowlers could extract something out of the pitch.

Weather

The weather is expected to see intervals of clouds and sun. The maximum temperature forecast is 20 degrees Celsius. There will be 70 percent cloud cover and just two percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Amy Jones, Suzie Bates, Alica Capsey, Danielle Wyatt, Sophie Devine, Freya Kemp, Amelia Kerr, Natalie Sciver, Hayley Jensen, Sophie Ecclestone, Katherine Brunt

Also Read:  4 female cricketers who excelled in other sports as well

Match details

Date: August 4, 2022

Time: 10.30PM IST

Venue: Edgbaston, Birmingham

Live streaming: Sony LIV, Sony TEN

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here