Preview: Match 2 – Sri Lanka vs Scotland Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

The second match of the Commonwealth Games Women’s Cricket Qualifier 2022 will be played between Sri Lanka and Scotland on January 18 at Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Preview: Match 2  – Sri Lanka vs Scotland Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad
Preview: Match 2 – Sri Lanka vs Scotland Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

Squad

Sri Lanka: Chamari Atapattu (c), Harshitha Madavi (vc), Kavisha Dilhari, Ama Kanchana, Achini Kulasuriya, Sugandika Kumari, Sachini Nisansala, Hasini Perera, Udeshika Prabodhani, Vishmi Gunaratne, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Inoka Ranaweera, Anushka Sanjeewani, Tharika Sewwandi, Nilakshi de Silva, Prasadani Weerakkody

Scotland: Kathryn Bryce (c), Abbi Aitken-Drummond, Sarah Bryce (wk), Priyanaz Chatterji, Katherine Fraser, Lorna Jack, Ailsa Lister, Abtaha Maqsood, Megan McColl, Katie McGill, Hannah Rainey, Charis Scott, Rachel Slater, Ellen Watson

Players to watch out for

Chamari Atapattu:

She is the captain of Sri Lanka. She is an experienced all-rounder, who is a left-handed batter and a right-arm-off spinner. She made her T20I debut in 2009 and since then has featured in 85 matches, scoring 1646 runs in 83 innings and accounting for 26 wickets in 40 innings. She also has a century in T20I cricket. She is also an experienced captain having led her side in 39 T20Is.

Oshadi Ranasinghe:

She is a bowling all-rounder, who is a right-arm speedster and a left-handed batter. She has played 40 T20Is for Sri Lanka since 2011. She has accounted for 28 wickets in 39 innings, including the best of 3-33. She is more than a handy lower middle-order bat. She has scored 220 runs in 32 innings, including the best of 34 not out.

Kathryn Bryce:

She is the captain of Scotland. She is an all-rounder, who is a right-handed batter and a right arm speedster. She won the ICC Associate Women’s player of the decade for 2011-20. She has featured in 22 T20Is since making her debut in 2018. She has scored 547 runs in 20 innings, including three half centuries and scalped 24 wickets, including the best of 2-5.

Also Read:  West Indies Women whitewash Sri Lanka 3-0 in ICC Women’s Championships

Katie McGill:

She is a bowling all-rounder. She is a right arm seamer and a right-handed batter. She has represented Scotland in 27 T20Is since her debut in 2018. She has picked up 28 wickets in 26 innings, including the best of 3-13. She has mustered 117 runs in 16 innings. She is more than a handy lower order bat.

Pitch

At this venue, 15 WT20Is have been played so far (before the start of Commonwealth Games Women’s Cricket Qualifier 2022). Teams batting first have won seven and teams batting second have won eight. Sri Lanka have played one T20I here and lost, while Scotland is yet to play at this venue. The highest score here has been 195 and the lowest in 27. The wicket is good to bat on, provided the batters are willing to spend some time in the middle. Spinners have enjoyed bowling here.

Weather

Scattered thunderstorms are expected during the course of the match. The average temperature will be in the range of 29 and 31 degrees Celsius. There is around a 35% chance of rain during the match. The wind will blow from the west-southwest.

Fantasy playing XI

Prasadani Weerakkody, Harshitha Madavi, Hasini Perera, Lorna Jack, Chamari Atapattu, Kathryn Bryce, Katie McGill, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Achini Kulasuriya, Inoka Ranaweera, Katherine Fraser

Match details

Date: January 18, 2022

Time: 10.45am IST

Venue: Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Semi-Final 1: Warriors vs Spirit | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here