Match 7: England v South Africa Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The seventh women’s T20I in the 2022 Commonwealth Games will be played between England and South Africa on August 2 at Edgbaston in Birmingham. The match will start at 3.30 PM IST.

Match 7: England v South Africa Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads

England: Heather Knight (c), Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Nat Sciver, Bryony Smith, Issy Wong, Danni Wyatt

South Africa: Suné Luus (c), Chloé Tryon, Anneke Bosch, Tazmin Brits, Nadine de Klerk, Mignon du Preez, Lara Goodall, Shabnim Ismail, Sinalo Jafta, Ayabonga Khaka, Masabata Klaas, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Delmi Tucker, Laura Wolvaardt

Last 5 performances

While England have won four out of their last five matches, with one match not producing a result, South Africa, on the other hand, have won just the one match and lost four.

Head-to-Head

England and South Africa have played 22 T20Is against each other, out of which England have won 18, South Africa have won three and one match did not produce a result.

Players to watch

Alice Capsey: 

The young right-handed top order batter of England led the run chase from the front against Sri Lanka in her last outing. She registered 44 runs off 45 balls, including four boundaries. She came into bat in the second over of the innings and was there in the middle till the 17th over.

Sophie Ecclestone: 

The world number one WT20I bowler was the most successful one for England in her last match against Sri Lanka. She scalped 25/3 in four overs, including two wickets in the 20th over of the innings. She can open the bowling as well as bowl in the death overs.

Also Read:  Match 10: Barbados v India Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Natalie Sciver: 

She is one of the best all-rounders in the world of women’s cricket. In her last match against Sri Lanka, she bowled three overs and conceded 14 runs, while with the bat, she mustered 17 runs off 14 balls. She is a right-handed middle order batter and a right arm medium pace bowler.

Laura Wolvaardt: 

The prolific right-handed batter of South Africa will have to shoulder the batting responsibility of her side. She got off to a steady start in her last appearance against New Zealand, scoring 28 off 30. However, she will be expected to play longer innings for her team.

Shabnim Ismail: 

The right arm pace sensation from South Africa is an attacking bowler and a genuine wicket-taker. She bowls well with the new ball and has good bouncers in her repertoire. Though she went wicket-less in her last match against New Zealand, she will be raring to go against England, which is a do or die fixture for the Proteas.

Sune Luus: 

The captain of South Africa will be expected to deliver with both bat and ball. She is a right-handed batter and a right arm leg spinner. In her last match against New Zealand, she made a useful contribution of 32 from just 18 balls to take her team closer to victory.

Pitch

The wicket looks good for batting and the outfield is lightning quick. A high scoring run contest could be on the cards. The team winning the toss may look to bat first and put up a fighting score on board.

Weather

The weather is expected to see a couple of morning showers otherwise it will be breezy with clouds breaking for some sun. The maximum temperature forecast is 24 degrees Celsius. There will be 69 percent cloud cover and 62 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south-west. 

Also Read:  Match 4: Northern Superchargers vs Birmingham Phoenix | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Fantasy Playing XI

Amy Jones, Alice Capsey, Sune Luus, Laura Wolvaardt, Sophia Dunkley, Chloe Tryon, Freya Kemp, Natalie Sciver, Sophie Ecclestone, Katherine Brunt, Shabnim Ismail

Upcoming milestones

• Amy Jones is seven runs away from completing 1000 WT20I runs. She will become the 8th player from England to do so.
  • Sune Luus is 2 wickets away from completing 50 WT20I wickets. She will become the 4th South African to achieve the feat. She is also 78 runs away from competing 1000 T20I runs to become the 6th South African to do so. 

Match details

Date: August 2, 2022

Time: 3.30PM IST

Venue: Edgbaston, Birmingham

Live streaming: Sony LIV, Sony TEN

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here