Preview: Match 5 – Kenya vs Sri Lanka Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

The fifth match of the Commonwealth Games Women’s Cricket Qualifier 2022 will be played between Kenya and Sri Lanka on January 20 at Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. While Sri Lanka have won their first match against Scotland, Kenya, on the other hand, lost to Bangladesh in their first outing.

Preview: Match 5 – Kenya vs Sri Lanka Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

Squads

Kenya: Margaret Ngoche (c), Queentor Abel, Veronica Abuga, Ruth Achando (wk), Lavendah Idambo, Sharon Juma (wk), Sylvia Kinyua, Mary Mwangi, Monicah Ndhambi, Daisy Njoroge, Mercyline Ochieng, Flavia Odhiambo, Venasa Ooko, Jane Otieno, Esther Wachira, Sarah Wetoto

Sri Lanka: Chamari Atapattu (c), Harshitha Madavi (vc), Kavisha Dilhari, Ama Kanchana, Achini Kulasuriya, Sugandika Kumari, Sachini Nisansala, Hasini Perera, Udeshika Prabodhani, Vishmi Gunaratne, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Inoka Ranaweera, Anushka Sanjeewani, Tharika Sewwandi, Nilakshi de Silva, Prasadani Weerakkody

Players to watch out for

Sharon Juma:

The right handed middle order bat top scored with 24 runs off 20 balls for Kenya in her last outing against Bangladesh. In her innings, she smashed four boundaries. She was the lone batter to score in double digits.

Queentor Abel:

The right arm off spinner was the pick of the bowlers for Kenya in her last match against Bangladesh. She scalped 3-14 in her four overs and was also the most economical bowler. She is also a right handed opening batter.

Chamari Athapaththu:

The captain of Sri Lanka scored a blistering 86 off just 45 balls, including 13 boundaries and two sixes. She helped her team to post their highest total in WT20Is of 182-4. She won the player of the match for her stellar batting performance.

Also Read:  Match 3: New Zealand v South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Nilakshi de Silva:

The right handed middle order bat from Sri Lanka played the role of a perfect finisher as she muscled an unbeaten 23 off just 16 balls to take her team total to 182. She hammered two boundaries and ran well between the wickets.

Pitch

The wicket is good to bat on. The ball comes nicely on to the bat. The batters can get good value for their shots. Bowlers, on the other hand, will have to stick to consistent lines and lengths. Consistency will be the key for them if they want to have an impact in the game.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy in the morning and as the day progresses it will get sunny. The average temperature will be around 33 degrees Celsius. Humidity is 66% and there is a 21% chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east-northeast at 8kph.

Fantasy playing XI Predictions

Sharon Juma, Nilakshi de Silva, Harshitha Madavi, Hasini Perera, Chamari Athapaththu, Queentor Abel, Margaret Ngoche, Sachini Nisansala, Ama Kanchana, Mercyline Ochieng, Udeshika Prabodhani

Match details

Date: January 20, 2022

Time: 7am IST

Venue: Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Live Score: FanCode

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here