Preview: 1st ODI – Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe | Squad | Players to watch | Weather | Pitch | Live Streaming

Just before Bangladesh and Zimbabwe play the ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier that starts November 21 in Zimbabwe, the two teams will lock horns against each other in a three-match bilateral ODI series. The ODI series will start from November 10 and all the three matches will be played at Queens Sports Club in Bulawayo. This series will certainly help both the teams to prepare for the ICC event.

Preview of Bangladesh Women's tour of Zimbabwe 2021
Preview of Bangladesh Women’s tour of Zimbabwe 2021

Squads

Bangladesh: Murshida Khatun, Fargana Hoque, Sharmin Akhter, Rumana Ahmed, Sobhana Mostary, Nigar Sultana (captain & wicket-keeper), Nuzhat Tasnia, Ritu Moni, Salma Khatun, Lata Mondal, Khadija Tul Kubra, Shanjida Akhter, Fahima Khatun, Jahanara Alam, Nahida Akhter

Zimbabwe: Mary Anne-Musonda (captain), Sharne Mayers, Pellagia Mujaji, Ashley Ndiraya, Nyasha Gwanzura, Loren Tshuma, Francisca Chipare, Josephine Nkomo, Modester Mupachikwa (wicket-keeper), Chiedza Dhururu, Tasmeen Granger, Precious Marange, Esther Mbofana, Nomatter Mutasa, Nomvelo Sibanda

Players to watch out for

Nigar Sultana:

Nigar Sultana. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Nigar Sultana. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

The wicket-keeper bat took on the role of captain from Rumana Ahmed. She is a middle order bat, having featured in 21 ODIs and scored 360 runs, including two half-centuries. Behind the stumps, she has accounted for 13 dismissals, including seven catches and six stumpings in ODIs.

Salma Khatun:

Salma Khatun. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Salma Khatun. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

The right arm off spinner is a seasoned campaigner, who has played 34 ODIs. She has picked up 35 wickets in 33 innings, including the best of 3-18. With the bat, she is more than handy lower down the order, having registered 379 ODI runs, including the best of 75 not out.

Mary Anne-Musonda:

Mary Anne Musonda scores first ever CENTURY in Women's ODIs from Zimbabwe
Mary Anne Musonda scores first ever CENTURY in Women’s ODIs from Zimbabwe

The captain of Zimbabwe had a wonderful outing in October against Ireland. She was the leading run getter for her side, having mustered 169 runs in four ODI innings, including one century.

Also Read:  All you need to know about Bangladesh Women's Tour of Zimbabwe 2021

Josephine Nkomo:

The right arm seamer was the most successful bowler for Zimbabwe in the Ireland series that was played in Zimbabwe in October. She scalped four wickets in as many innings. Her economy in the series was just 4.14, which was the lowest for a Zimbabwe bowler.

Weather

The weather looks good during the first half of the match with the average temperature being around 27 degrees Celsius. However as the day progresses, the weather is expected to be cloudy with a 40% chance of rain. The temperature is expected to rise to 30 degrees Celsius in the afternoon (local). The wind will blow from the east all through the course of the match.

Pitch

The wicket is nice and true. The ball will come on to the bat nicely and the batters are likely to make the most of the batting friendly surface. There could be some purchase for the bowlers, provided they hit the right lines and lengths.

Probable Fantasy playing XI

Nigar Sultana, Fargana Hoque, Mary Anne-Musonda, Modester Mupachikwa, Josephine Nkomo, Precious Marange, Rumana Ahmed, Salma Khatun, Fahima Khatun, Jahanara Alam, Nomvelo Sibanda

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here