All you need to know about Bangladesh Women’s Tour of Zimbabwe 2021

The three-match ODI series between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe will be played from November 10 to November 15. All the matches will be played at Queens Sports Club in Bulawayo in Zimbabwe. This series will serve as a good preparatory ground for both the teams before they participate in the all-important ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier. The ICC event will be played from November 21 to December 5 in Zimbabwe. 9 teams will take part and out of them only the top three will qualify for the ICC Women’s World Cup that will be played in New Zealand from March 4 to April 3 next year. PNG earlier today were forced to pull out of the tournament due to some players testing positive for COVID-19.

Nigar Sultana Joty to lead Bangladesh Side against Zimbabwe
Nigar Sultana Joty to lead Bangladesh Side against Zimbabwe

While Zimbabwe played their last international series in October this year, Bangladesh last played an international fixture in 2020 during the ICC Women’s World T20 in Australia.

Both the teams have had disappointing past performances and will look to make the most of this series, given that ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier is just a stone’s throw away.

Schedule – Bangladesh Women’s tour of Zimbabwe 2021

Date Time (IST) Match Venue
November 10, 2021 1pm 1st ODI Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
November 12, 2021 1pm 2nd ODI
November 15, 2021 1pm 3rd ODI

Squads

Bangladesh: Murshida Khatun, Fargana Hoque, Sharmin Akhter, Rumana Ahmed, Sobhana Mostary, Nigar Sultana (captain & wicket-keeper), Nuzhat Tasnia, Ritu Moni, Salma Khatun, Lata Mondal, Khadija Tul Kubra, Shanjida Akhter, Fahima Khatun, Jahanara Alam, Nahida Akhter

Zimbabwe: Mary Anne-Musonda (captain), Sharne Mayers, Pellagia Mujaji, Ashley Ndiraya, Nyasha Gwanzura, Loren Tshuma, Francisca Chipare, Josephine Nkomo, Modester Mupachikwa (wicket-keeper), Chiedza Dhururu, Tasmeen Granger, Precious Marange, Esther Mbofana, Nomatter Mutasa, Nomvelo Sibanda

About the venue

Queens Sports Club was opened in 1890. Popularly known as Queens Club, the ground has a seating capacity of 9000. Till date, the venue has hosted 79 ODIs, out of which, 32 matches have been won by teams batting first and 42 matches have been won by teams batting second.

The average first innings score is 238, while the average second innings score is 203. The highest total scored here is 399-1 by Pakistan against Zimbabwe, while the lowest total recorded is 67-10 in 25.1 overs by Zimbabwe against Pakistan.

The highest score chased here is 329-9 in 49.5 overs by Zimbabwe against New Zealand, while the lowest score defended is 196-10 in 43 overs also by Zimbabwe against Afghanistan.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Preview: 1st ODI – Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe | Squad | Players to watch | Weather | Pitch | Live Streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here